1. Originally posted by kevinu267:[..]
    Richest doesn't always translates to best. All it has done is to inflate values for average players in the epl.

Just look at how english teams have performed in Europe as a whole over the last decade. Still a gap with European elite clubs.
    I’d agree with that to be fair , the money branded round is ridiculous and has pushed the price up of average players

As regards the size of the clubs Man Utd are probably still the biggest club in the world and their teams isn’t that good anymore. Can anyone touch Man Utd as regards worldwide appeal ? I don’t think there is , only clubs that are up for debate are Madrid and barca . Liverpool would easily be top 5 ,always have been. So as regards worldwide appeal there isn’t no gap

Still doesn’t change the fact that the premier league in my opinion is the best league in the world , serie a , la liga or the bundesliga don’t touch it.
  2. as long as you enjoy the game, as long as you enjoy the music, it's not important who or what is best. Still an interesting discussion though
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t agree with that about the bottom 10 in England being stronger. Werder Bremen finished 16th in Germany. I think they would beat most teams in the bottom half in England. Schalke finished low down as well. I’d fancy them against most English teams in the bottom half. Teams like Celta Vigo, Betis and Bilbao in the bottom half of spain I’d fancy every day of the week against the likes of Newcastle, Southampton etc. The thing is English fans always talk about these one off games against scottish teams, but it’s no coincidence we keep getting results. It’s not just a case of saying we’re going to grind out a result and that’s it otherwise you’d have teams in England drawing away to the big sides all the time. English football is a more exciting brand than scottish because of the style of play but the gulf isn’t that big. I’m a Celtic fan and I honestly think we could give just about any team in England a game and have a strong season. Liverpool and city are 2 very strong teams on there day but Chelsea, man Utd, leciester, spurs and wolves are all very beatable. Out of they 7 games I mentioned earlier 3 of them involved hearts who aren’t even in the premiership up here anymore and 2 were Aberdeen against Burnley who would have been desperate to win given they’re not exactly in Europe every year, this was after they finished 7th in the league and they needed extra time to see off Aberdeen. Celtic drew with city home and away in the champions league. As I say it can’t be coincidence that we keep getting results, that’s not a one off.
    Firstly knowing your a Celtic fan , can you please take oli burke from us , I’ll drive him up to you if you want . Mate West Brom should be paying clubs to take him . 15 million we paid for him , record signing , pound for pound easily our worst signing since I’ve been going to games which was 1993. Don’t get me wrong I’ve seen worse players but because he cost 15 million he is by far the worst signing pound for pound .

To me Celtic and rangers are two of the biggest clubs in the world , they have massive worldwide appeal. The teams they have now in my opinion would struggle in a 38 game season . But like I said if rangers and Celtic had the 180 million for being in the premier league they would attract players , so the teams they have now would improve massively with that sort of cash injection.

Personally I think the gap is big between England and Scotland but then by right it should be with each premier league club receiving 180 million each , if the Scottish league got that then that league would be better , so it’s unfair to compare the two .

I’ve seen some of the players that we’ve signed from Scotland Craig Beattie and George samaras and they were shocking , but then we had graham dorrans and he was outstanding for us
  4. Originally posted by Ricku2:as long as you enjoy the game, as long as you enjoy the music, it's not important who or what is best. Still an interesting discussion though
    You do have a point
  5. I quite like having a "festival of football".

Play the league over 8 or 9 months and play every Saturday or Tuesday if needed. Then when the league is finished you have 1 month for the league cup, 1 month for the FA cup and 1 month for the European competitions. Straight 1 tie knockout rounds. You'll get a better a product overall, and clubs like Liverpool who purposely throw away the cups to have a crack at the league won't have that excuse anymore, so you'll get more teams taking each cup more serious.

It obviously won't happen, and trying to schedule it all would be a pain in the arse, and the current giant clubs in Europe would hate the idea because it gives the little clubs a better opportunity to progress.
  6. Originally posted by SJKamal:I quite like having a "festival of football".

Play the league over 8 or 9 months and play every Saturday or Tuesday if needed. Then when the league is finished you have 1 month for the league cup, 1 month for the FA cup and 1 month for the European competitions. Straight 1 tie knockout rounds. You'll get a better a product overall, and clubs like Liverpool who purposely throw away the cups to have a crack at the league won't have that excuse anymore, so you'll get more teams taking each cup more serious.

It obviously won't happen, and trying to schedule it all would be a pain in the arse, and the current giant clubs in Europe would hate the idea because it gives the little clubs a better opportunity to progress.
    It’s been brilliant hasn’t it , straight knock out is really good .

Like you say the big boys ain’t going to ever let that happen . The less games played suits the poor teams as in a one off game anything can happen , more games played suits the better side as class nine times out of ten will show
  7. Well there’s Spain’s 4th best team just put out England’s 3rd best.
  8. Bono in goal!
  9. Circle jerk Bono hating is so 2015 we can move on from that, also I hate Pep and I miss our old Italian coaches