1. 11.08.2008
    LIVE AT RED ROCKS AND UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY
    U2’s first concert video, Live At Red Rocks, will be released on DVD next month, along with the accompanying live album, Under a Blood Red Sky.

Recorded at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado on 5th June 1983, Live at Red Rocks will be available for the first time on DVD, and will include 5 previously unreleased songs, a director’s commentary, digitally re-graded pictures and a 5.1 mix.

The remastered Under a Blood Red Sky album was originally released in November 1983, and consists of live recordings from three shows on the band’s War Tour through Europe and America.

A deluxe version featuring the Under a Blood Red Sky CD and the Live At Red Rocks DVD will be available, as well as single disc formats of the CD and DVD. An LP version of Under a Blood Red Sky pressed on 180gm virgin vinyl will also be released.

Here's the full tracklisting:
    UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY

Gloria / 11 O’Clock Tick Tock / I Will Follow / Party Girl / Sunday Bloody Sunday / The Electric Co. / New Year’s Day / “40”

LIVE AT RED ROCKS

Out Of Control / Twilight / An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart / Surrender / Two Hearts Beat As One / Seconds / Sunday Bloody Sunday / Cry/The Electric Co.
    / October / New Year’s Day / I Threw A Brick Through A Window / A Day Without Me / Gloria / Party Girl / 11 O’Clock Tick Tock / I Will Follow / “40”

Both DVD and remastered album , will be released on 29th September 2008.

Boy Remastered Details :

Speed of Life, Saturday Night and Cartoon World are among the rare and previously unreleased tracks featured in the reformatted edition of the band's first album, Boy.

The album, set for release in July, will come in three formats - the
    remastered single CD, a deluxe format including a bonus CD of b-sides,
    live tracks and rarities, and the vinyl format. A 16 page booklet
    features unseen photos, lyrics and liner notes from Paul Morley. Edge,
    who has overseen the remastering of the album, has contributed notes on
    the bonus material.

Here's the detail on the formats, tracklistings and bonus material.

Standard format: A single CD with re-mastered audio and restored
    packaging.
    Includes a 16 page booklet featuring previously unseen photos, full
    lyrics and new liner notes by Paul Morley.

Tracklisting:
    1. I Will Follow 2. Twilight 3. An Cat Dubh 4. Into The Heart 5. Out Of
    Control 6. Stories For Boys 7. The Ocean 8. A Day Without Me 9. Another
    Time, Another Place 10. The Electric Co. 11. Shadows And Tall Trees.

Deluxe format: A standard CD (as above) and a bonus CD including
    b-sides, live tracks and rarities. Also includes a 32 page booklet with
    previously unseen photos, full lyrics, new liner notes by Paul Morley,
    and explanatory notes on the bonus material by The Edge.

Tracklisting (Bonus Disc) :

1. I Will Follow (Previously Unreleased Mix)
    2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    3. Touch
    4. Speed Of Life (Previously Unreleased Track)
    5. Saturday Night(Previously Unreleased Track)
    6. Things To Make And Do
    7. Out Of Control
    8. Boy-Girl
    9. Stories For Boys
    10. Another Day
    11. Twilight
    12. Boy-Girl (Live at The Marquee, London)
    13. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Live at
    The Marquee, London - Previously Unreleased Version)
    14. Cartoon World (Live at The National Stadium, Dublin - Previously Unreleased Track)

Vinyl format: A single album re-mastered version on 180gram vinyl with
    restored packaging.

Tracklisting:

1. I Will Follow
    2. Twilight
    3. An Cat Dubh
    4. Into The Heart
    5. Out Of Control
    6. Stories For Boys
    7. The Ocean
    8. A Day Without Me
    9. AnotherTime, Another Place
    10. The Electric Co.
    11. Shadows And Tall Trees.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

October :

Standard format:

A single CD with re-mastered audio and restored packaging.
    Includes a 16 page booklet featuring previously unseen photos, full lyrics and new liner notes by Neil McCormick.

Tracklisting:

1. Gloria
    2. I Fall Down
    3. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
    4. Rejoice
    5. Fire
    6. Tomorrow
    7. October
    8. With A Shout
    9. Stranger In A Strange Land
    10. Scarlet
    11. Is That All

Deluxe format:

A standard CD (as above) and a bonus CD.
    Bonus CD includes b-sides, live tracks and rarities.
    Also includes a 32 page booklet with previously unseen photos, full lyrics, new liner notes by Neil McCormick, and explanatory notes on the bonus material by The Edge.

Tracklisting (Bonus Disc) :

1. Gloria (Live at Hammersmith Palais, London)
    2. I Fall Down (Live at Hammersmith Palais, London)
    3. I Threw A Brick Through A Window (Live at Hammersmith Palais, London)
    4. Fire (Live at Hammersmith Palais, London)
    5. October (Live at Hammersmith Palais, London)
    6. With A Shout (Richard Skinner BBC Session)
    7. Scarlet (Richard Skinner BBC Session)
    8. I Threw A Brick Through A Window (Richard Skinner BBC Session)
    9. A Celebration
    10. J. Swallo
    11. Trash, Trampoline And The Party Girl
    12. I Will Follow (Live at Paradise Theatre, Boston)
    13. The Ocean (Live at Paradise Theatre, Boston)
    14. The Cry/Electric Co. (Live at Paradise Theatre, Boston)
    15. 11 O’Clock Tick Tock (Live at Paradise Theatre, Boston)
    16. I Will Follow (Live From Hattem, Netherlands)
    17. Tomorrow (Bono & Adam Clayton, Common Ground Remix)

Vinyl format:

A single album re-mastered version on 180gram vinyl with restored packaging.

Tracklisting:

Side One

1. Gloria
    2. I Fall Down
    3. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
    4. Rejoice
    5. Fire

Side Two

1. Tomorrow
    2. October
    3. With A Shout
    4. Stranger In A Strange Land
    5. Scarlet
    6. Is That All?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

War

And War too: here's the detail on the tracklisting and formats for the reformatted edition of War, on release in July.

Standard format:

A single CD with re-mastered audio and restored packaging.
    Includes a 16 page booklet featuring previously unseen photos, full lyrics and new liner notes by Niall Stokes.

Tracklisting:

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    2. Seconds
    3. New Year’s Day
    4. Like A Song…
    5. Drowning Man
    6. The Refugee
    7. Two Hearts Beat As One
    8. Red Light
    9. Surrender
    10. "40"

Deluxe format:

A standard CD (as above) and a bonus CD.
    Bonus CD includes b-sides, live tracks and rarities.
    Also includes a 32 page booklet with previously unseen photos, full lyrics, new liner notes by Niall Stokes, and explanatory notes on the bonus material by The Edge.

Tracklisting :

1. Endless Deep
    2. Angels Too Tied To The Ground (Previously Unreleased Track)
    3. New Year’s Day (7” single edit)
    4. New Year’s Day (USA Remix)
    5. New Year’s Day (Ferry Corsten Extended Vocal Mix)
    6. New Year’s Day (Ferry Corsten Vocal Radio Mix)
    7. Two Hearts Beat As One (Long Mix)
    8. Two Hearts Beat As One (USA Remix)
    9. Two Hearts Beat As One (Club Version)
    10. Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete The Chop)

Vinyl format:

A single album re-mastered version on 180gram vinyl with restored packaging.

Tracklisting:

Side One

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    2. Seconds
    3. New Year’s Day
    4. Like A Song...
    5. Drowning Man

Side Two

1. The Refugee
    2. Two Hearts Beat As One
    3. Red Light
    4. Surrender
    5. "40"

2. I wouldn't mind listening to a decent version of Boy... although I'm not sure I'm getting the difference (if there is any...) between, say, JT 87 and JT 07. Is the remastered version just supposed to be cleaner?
  3. Originally posted by julienmurziI wouldn't mind listening to a decent version of Boy... although I'm not sure I'm getting the difference (if there is any...) between, say, JT 87 and JT 07. Is the remastered version just supposed to be cleaner?

Yes. There are differences, although they're subtle. Best packaging/presentation for any U2 release so far though.

Can't see this myself. What's the Anniversary - 28 years?? It is 25 years for UABRS but September would not fit well with the supposed new album release.

I shan't start with the breath holding just yet...
  4. I think Boy sounds good as it is. UABRS would definitely benefit the most from a remaster out of the two!
  5. i searched on amazon.com and i see boy deluxe war deluxe and October all scheduled to be released on may 20 2008
  6. Originally posted by kisho8i searched on amazon.com and i see boy deluxe war deluxe and October all scheduled to be released on may 20 2008

bring it on
  7. Omg... They're becoming really toooo commercial ! Ok remastered JT, which is the best album for most people is a good idea but come on now also Boy ?? You can't remaster every album and put it back in the spotlights for even more benefits ey... Instead they should work further on their NEW album cause 12 albums (and already 3 best offs) in 28 years actually isn't that much is it...?
  8. Originally posted by BelgianBonoOmg... They're becoming really toooo commercial ! Ok remastered JT, which is the best album for most people is a good idea but come on now also Boy ?? You can't remaster every album and put it back in the spotlights for even more benefits ey... Instead they should work further on their NEW album cause 12 albums (and already 3 best offs) in 28 years actually isn't that much is it...?

it does seem kind of random doesn't it? However, I'm not sure rereleasing albums necessarily takes away too much time from recording, I would assume. But that would be a badass year to get a bunch of rereleases and a new album. U2 certainly is all about their past all of a sudden, what happened to "fuck the past, kiss the future"?
  9. Originally posted by thefly07[..]

it does seem kind of random doesn't it? However, I'm not sure rereleasing albums necessarily takes away too much time from recording, I would assume. But that would be a badass year to get a bunch of rereleases and a new album. U2 certainly is all about their past all of a sudden, what happened to "fuck the past, kiss the future"?

very very true

yea on atu2.com it says that there is a link leading to amazon.com and the boy album, war album and October album are all on there for pre-order??? does this mean its official?
  10. I really wouldn't like to see re-releases of Boy, October and War. I see no point in it, JT was their best, a defining album, and it was a 20 years anniversary...but Boy and October... I don't know!
    I would rather have them rework Pop
    UABRS makes much more sense, I can see it happen.
  11. May 2008: When was Red Rocks filmed? May 6th 1983. When was War released? 25 years ago.

I reckon so.
  12. Originally posted by drewhigginsMay 2008: When was Red Rocks filmed? May 6th 1983. When was War released? 25 years ago.

I reckon so.

it does seem kind of random doesn't it? However, I'm not sure rereleasing albums necessarily takes away too much time from recording, I would assume

Because U2 aren't the ones doing it themselves. They say what's gonna be on there and the producers go and get it all done, while they continue recording. They pick out a few demos, get some video company to remaster a video, clean up the sound on the original tapes and create a cover, then release it to the public. Too easy.

And really, you can't record 24 hours 7 days a week.