1. Why remaster Rattle and Hum?

Can add some of the live songs from movie to CD
    Can add some of the R&H film footage outtakes to DVD.
    Can add more B-Sides/cover tunes not released.
    Can add "Wild Irish Rose", which was writting while in LA working on the film and soundtrack...

LOTS of good reasons to make a nice deluxe package.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:some of the UK editions of Boy have the album tacklist twice instead of the bonus list.

Anyone else have the bonus track on the first disc of the Boy deluxe?

Responding to a 3 yr old question here but was looking for this issue on the internet just now.

I am ripping my whole U2 collection to my laptop and only just noticed that my Boy remastered version has that misprint. I bought the album in the Netherlands tho. Well I got from my parents as a present.

So yes, I have 2 CD's with the same track list.

Is that a collectors item, or have too many been released with that misprint?

EDIT: Wow, ok, I never used the actual CD's ( want to keep them as new as possible ), but I just found out that both CD's are actually the same. Thats a misissued version, not a misprint. Cant find anything about that on the internet tho. Maybe a store clerk who tried to be funny?
  3. I just saw someone saying they bought the October 2cd re release today and it had me thinking about it. I’ve said a few times October is my least favourite album but the bonus disc for the album is probably my favourite from the 3 albums featuring plenty of live stuff. It omits my least favourite songs from the album and includes my 4 favourite songs from the album (October, Gloria, with a shout, I fall down) plus plenty of good live performances of other songs from the album and boy material too. I think I’ve listened more to that bonus disc in its entirety than I have the October album. Boy’s bonus disc had some decent stuff as well but they went down the remix route for war which ruined that.
  4. That's as close to what we have for a live October show.
  5. And it wasn’t even an October show...pre war tour show. Wish it could have been another show with Tomorrow some other songs included. Tomorrow and Rejoice are my favorite songs from that album.
  6. Originally posted by Cgmorgan1986:And it wasn’t even an October show...pre war tour show. Wish it could have been another show with Tomorrow some other songs included. Tomorrow and Rejoice are my favorite songs from that album.
    It’s a funny one because you’re right the first few tracks are from the Hammersmith pre war tour but the other live tracks from the album including the boy stuff I believe are from October tour shows and a bbc session which was in the October tour era. Maybe in 10 years they’ll release something different for the 50th anniversary. In fact I’ve just looked I’m wrong 4 of the 5 live boy songs are from the boy tour the paradise Boston show.
  7. For many years the October album was my least favourite. And I have owned it right from day of release. At the time it seemed to lack something that Boy had. Then War followed it and the band started to accelerate.

Around the period between Rattle And Hum and Achtung Baby i switched off from the band and the pretentiousness of it all. In that time I played October as if it were a fresh album to my ears. I played it a lot. So much so that I began to appreciate just exactly what they had done with that album.

I do not usually do comparisons to other U2 albums and with October it just stands out every time I hear it. On it's own. Whereas post Pop albums seem to have that regurgitative formula playing out in the majority.
  8. I definitely had more of an appreciation for certain songs with this release but I still can’t really appreciate the album as a whole. It’s almost like a good EP with the live stuff and that’s probably about as much as I’ll ever be able to appreciate it having given the actual album plenty of chances.