1. Originally posted by LikeASong:Two friends of mine proposed me to take part in a collaborative cover of One Tree Hill a few days ago and I just couldn't say no Check out their amazing bands' profiles: Antonio plays the drums (and is the songwriter) on a hard rock band called Therapy Break and Ari plays bass guitar on a U2 tribute band called Red Rocks (and she also was invited to play bass with U2 on the 4th Barcelona gig in 2015).

We could have based our cover on the famous 1989-12-26 Dublin version but that drags on for a good while and poorly imitating all that wildness and rawness didn't make any sense, so we went for the much more restrained NYE Point Depot version instead. I went a bit off-road with the guitar solo and kinda improvised my own solo based on a few different Edge solos from 1987 and 1989. All in all I'm pretty happy how it turned out, specially for an unskilled Edge-emulator with the cheapest gear in town.

The final audio mixing was done by @melon51, which elevated a dull, plain sounding track to a kickass mix that sounds miles better than anything I could have made on my own. Thanks a lot Bastiaan!

I hope you all like it too!

[YouTube Video]
    Really great job Sergio!
  2. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:These two tracks are both awesome Sergio!! Just seen your earlier post now, I doubt there's much anyone can say at the moment to make such a shitty situation better - my uncle just lost his job because of covid and it's awful, lo unico que puedo decirte es recuerda - we get to carry each other, estamos todos allá en espiritu para ti

Keep the awesome tunes coming

🙏
    Wow that's a surprise, I didn't know you spoke Spanish Yeah well, losing your job is awful but we have to be thankful because thousands are losing their lives or their loved ones', so as long as we're healthy the rest will be solved. Thanks again!
  3. Originally posted by guykirk9:The solo was so solid too! Thanks for the tip! I always just tune half step down for funsies but I’ll try that out!! But yes amazing job!
    Playing the song as B, E and A shapes is much more comfortable than in C, F and Bb - and you can use open strings too! Try it out
  4. Whenever It's been a pleasure, thanks for all your hard work and for bearing with these couple of crazy Spaniards
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Great work there Sergio by you and your collaborators. I think you may have given U2 an idea about how to use RHMT in the future, I really loved that stripped back acoustic version and wouldn't it be something to see The Edge on ukulele.

Keep hanging on in these difficult times.
    Thank you all very much

PS. Mike after the 2017 and 2019 massacre, I only hope they leave RHMT rest in peace forever
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wow that's a surprise, I didn't know you spoke Spanish Yeah well, losing your job is awful but we have to be thankful because thousands are losing their lives or their loved ones', so as long as we're healthy the rest will be solved. Thanks again!
    Languages are kinda my big thing side from music ahaha, but yeah that's true - we'll all make it through, and no worries!
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:Two friends of mine proposed me to take part in a collaborative cover of One Tree Hill a few days ago and I just couldn't say no Check out their amazing bands' profiles: Antonio plays the drums (and is the songwriter) on a hard rock band called Therapy Break and Ari plays bass guitar on a U2 tribute band called Red Rocks (and she also was invited to play bass with U2 on the 4th Barcelona gig in 2015).

We could have based our cover on the famous 1989-12-26 Dublin version but that drags on for a good while and poorly imitating all that wildness and rawness didn't make any sense, so we went for the much more restrained NYE Point Depot version instead. I went a bit off-road with the guitar solo and kinda improvised my own solo based on a few different Edge solos from 1987 and 1989. All in all I'm pretty happy how it turned out, specially for an unskilled Edge-emulator with the cheapest gear in town.

The final audio mixing was done by @melon51, which elevated a dull, plain sounding track to a kickass mix that sounds miles better than anything I could have made on my own. Thanks a lot Bastiaan!

I hope you all like it too!

[YouTube Video]

So, Found out yesterday that i made the mistake of sending @LikeASong the wrong final audio.. It was the basic 4-track I had prepped, but not the (re)mixed version.

I tried a flat-out rocker remix and a more tight & clean version, and will post both here (if the band agrees of course )
  8. Tried various audio versions, consulted with the band ( )and this would be the proper Audio Mix of this great cover collaboration:

9. Thanks for your hard work on this, my friend It's been great to work with someone that actually knows what he's doing audio-wise. This mix is superb and makes our little homemade cover sound incredible. Thanks again
  10. Thoughts?

11. The song doesn't suit her voice... or maybe the other way round and I know that's just how it works out sometimes.... musically I like how they've kept the guitar part the same and the general straightforward rock song vibe, although the organ makes it sound a bit like The Monkees Plays U2 some points, the sporadic use of the death metal-esque voice is just weird and in general the vocals seem too... polite, if that makes sense - it out were instrumental I think I'd like it as a straight up, good, fairly true to the original cover but with some stuff that makes it their own which I like, but with the vox it's just a bit weird
  12. Good version by Trent and Saul.