1. It's definitely easier to sing along with but it also works for the track. How do you make these? All instruments yourself or in some other way?
  2. Nice, it sounds so different in E major. I like the deep, almost tribal drums "dum-duummm" all throughout, lovely. Did you record it in this key originally, or was it played higher and then transposed via software? Something in the guitar's tesiture leads me to think the second.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Nice, it sounds so different in E major. I like the deep, almost tribal drums "dum-duummm" all throughout, lovely. Did you record it in this key originally, or was it played higher and then transposed via software? Something in the guitar's tesiture leads me to think the second.
    It sounds like a pitch shift on a whammy pedal is activated making a 6 string sound closer to a 12 string.
  4. Yeah that's for sure, but I also thought there was something in the guitar sound that made it sound almost like a baritone guitar of sorts. I don't know, let's have @WideAwakeBadBoy tell us a bit more about it
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Nice, it sounds so different in E major. I like the deep, almost tribal drums "dum-duummm" all throughout, lovely. Did you record it in this key originally, or was it played higher and then transposed via software? Something in the guitar's tesiture leads me to think the second.
    Tbf if I take out the drums and guitar it really does sound quite orchestral, maybe something closer to how it might've been arranged for the BBC show in 2017. @Release3 has it pretty much, it's a Pacifica just going thru a POG (well it's a Soul POG pedal but I'm not using the Soul Food), later on it goes thru a Tune Screamer too, and of course some shimmer - there's not any post production on the guitar short of cutting out and replacing the odd bum note that I didn't wanna go back all the way to re-record, but the 8ves on the POG are quite high. On the original, I think Edge uses the Cedarwood Road guitar and there isn't too much 8ve going on, but live he used the Rickenbacker so 12 strings as a starting point then a load of POG on it as well...
  6. Would love to do a cover with some of you that have the technology. GarageBand and SoundCloud are my best friends at the moment lol

Anytime anyone wants to collaborate, please send me a PM. I’d always be interested!
  7. Originally posted by Release3:Would love to do a cover with some of you that have the technology. GarageBand and SoundCloud are my best friends at the moment lol

Anytime anyone wants to collaborate, please send me a PM. I’d always be interested!
    Yeah I was talking with @melon51 the other day about the possibility of doing a collab with more people on the forum.

Maybe we can count on @MattG, @mofonyr15, @Sydney_MIke, @wideawakebadboy, @conormac93 and all the usual suspects from this thread What do you guys think?
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah I was talking with @melon51 the other day about the possibility of doing a collab with more people on the forum.

Maybe we can count on @MattG, @mofonyr15, @Sydney_MIke, @wideawakebadboy, @conormac93 and all the usual suspects from this thread What do you guys think?
    I’m down! Guitar is preferred, but I can do bass, drums, vocals, mixing whatever you need me to do, just let me know
  9. Sounds like a fun idea! Not like we've got much else to do... I could do guitar, bass, drums, keys, etc
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Ah.. you remembered that one..

I play guitar/sing and can do cutting/patching, mixing separate tracks together. But it's gonna be complex to get "right" I think, and will require some solid effort/collaboration.

But it al depends on the idea, if that's right the rest follows more easily. Funnily I had an idea today of a collab like this where we would "rewrite" Red Flag Day" to "Ground Hog Day" but with lots of possibilities for swapping of vocals and letting instruments shine..

But wouldn't say that's an example of a great idea though..

11. Beautiful tribute.