1. Me and my workmates just learnt that we're being temporarily fired (temporary labour force lay-off adjustment plan or something like that) from the company I've been working with since 2016 so I'm soon going to be in serious economic trouble. Not that I was any Bill Gates before lol Right now my girl and music are quite literally "all that's left to hold on to" so there we go. Mistakes and all, I don't give a shit.

2. Two friends of mine proposed me to take part in a collaborative cover of One Tree Hill a few days ago and I just couldn't say no Check out their amazing bands' profiles: Antonio plays the drums (and is the songwriter) on a hard rock band called Therapy Break and Ari plays bass guitar on a U2 tribute band called Red Rocks (and she also was invited to play bass with U2 on the 4th Barcelona gig in 2015).

We could have based our cover on the famous 1989-12-26 Dublin version but that drags on for a good while and poorly imitating all that wildness and rawness didn't make any sense, so we went for the much more restrained NYE Point Depot version instead. I went a bit off-road with the guitar solo and kinda improvised my own solo based on a few different Edge solos from 1987 and 1989. All in all I'm pretty happy how it turned out, specially for an unskilled Edge-emulator with the cheapest gear in town.

The final audio mixing was done by @melon51, which elevated a dull, plain sounding track to a kickass mix that sounds miles better than anything I could have made on my own. Thanks a lot Bastiaan!

I hope you all like it too!

3. So so good, Sergio just spectacular as always. I swear you gotta little Bono in you, for a second I saw a young Bono but honestly spectacular, might take a look at how you played it and try my hand at it but so well done everyone!
  4. Originally posted by guykirk9:So so good, Sergio just spectacular as always. I swear you gotta little Bono in you, for a second I saw a young Bono but honestly spectacular, might take a look at how you played it and try my hand at it but so well done everyone!
    Wow thanks very much Kirk, means a lot

Just a small hint: the Statocaster is tuned in E standard (so I played the song in the key of B) and the Telecaster I used for the solo is tuned in Eb (so I played it in C like Edge)
  5. The solo was so solid too! Thanks for the tip! I always just tune half step down for funsies but I’ll try that out!! But yes amazing job!
  6. These two tracks are both awesome Sergio!! Just seen your earlier post now, I doubt there's much anyone can say at the moment to make such a shitty situation better - my uncle just lost his job because of covid and it's awful, lo unico que puedo decirte es recuerda - we get to carry each other, estamos todos allá en espiritu para ti

Keep the awesome tunes coming

🙏
  7. Great work there Sergio by you and your collaborators. I think you may have given U2 an idea about how to use RHMT in the future, I really loved that stripped back acoustic version and wouldn't it be something to see The Edge on ukulele.

Keep hanging on in these difficult times.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:Two friends of mine proposed me to take part in a collaborative cover of One Tree Hill a few days ago and I just couldn't say no Check out their amazing bands' profiles: Antonio plays the drums (and is the songwriter) on a hard rock band called Therapy Break and Ari plays bass guitar on a U2 tribute band called Red Rocks (and she also was invited to play bass with U2 on the 4th Barcelona gig in 2015).

We could have based our cover on the famous 1989-12-26 Dublin version but that drags on for a good while and poorly imitating all that wildness and rawness didn't make any sense, so we went for the much more restrained NYE Point Depot version instead. I went a bit off-road with the guitar solo and kinda improvised my own solo based on a few different Edge solos from 1987 and 1989. All in all I'm pretty happy how it turned out, specially for an unskilled Edge-emulator with the cheapest gear in town.

The final audio mixing was done by @melon51, which elevated a dull, plain sounding track to a kickass mix that sounds miles better than anything I could have made on my own. Thanks a lot Bastiaan!

[YouTube Video]
    Loved working on this together and you guys sound great as a "virtual band".. Let's go for another one!
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wow thanks very much Kirk, means a lot

Just a small hint: the Statocaster is tuned in E standard (so I played the song in the key of B) and the Telecaster I used for the solo is tuned in Eb (so I played it in C like Edge)
    Ah.. that's what I heard then..
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:Two friends of mine proposed me to take part in a collaborative cover of One Tree Hill a few days ago and I just couldn't say no Check out their amazing bands' profiles: Antonio plays the drums (and is the songwriter) on a hard rock band called Therapy Break and Ari plays bass guitar on a U2 tribute band called Red Rocks (and she also was invited to play bass with U2 on the 4th Barcelona gig in 2015).

[YouTube Video]
    Really Well done! Congratulations!