1. The funny thing is that I'm not sure where I got that. I'm thinking that it was an advertisement in some magazine that I was reading at the time. Based on the book that it fell out of it was when I was in college. I don't think I got it at the show. It reminds me of how I was always defending Pop everywhere I went. People would approach me on campus, knowing that I was a U2 fan, and tell me they were really mad at that album, and I told them that they didn't understand it. Pop really divided the U2 fans on campus.
  2. Originally posted by FromMEtoU2:The funny thing is that I'm not sure where I got that. I'm thinking that it was an advertisement in some magazine that I was reading at the time. Based on the book that it fell out of it was when I was in college. I don't think I got it at the show. It reminds me of how I was always defending Pop everywhere I went. People would approach me on campus, knowing that I was a U2 fan, and tell me they were really mad at that album, and I told them that they didn't understand it. Pop really divided the U2 fans on campus.
    I take it most of them were the kind of people that grew up listening to their big bros/parents' Joshua Tree and Rattle And Hum tapes, which had already gone through a hard time when the band put Achtung Baby/Zoo TV/Zooropa out, and thought Pop was "just a bit too much"?
  3. The 90s merch is so good.

I know people here would hate it, but if a fashion label got a hold of the graphics and made a small collection...it would be unbeatable. Like what Undercover or Raf Simons do with Joy Division/Television/Talking Heads etc and that recent Stella McCartney Yellow Submarine line.

I don't think U2 will ever be considered cool enough for that, but I will dream.
  4. Originally posted by italianplastic:The 90s merch is so good.

I know people here would hate it, but if a fashion label got a hold of the graphics and made a small collection...it would be unbeatable. Like what Undercover or Raf Simons do with Joy Division/Television/Talking Heads etc and that recent Stella McCartney Yellow Submarine line.

I don't think U2 will ever be considered cool enough for that, but I will dream.
    I wouldn’t complain...
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I take it most of them were the kind of people that grew up listening to their big bros/parents' Joshua Tree and Rattle And Hum tapes, which had already gone through a hard time when the band put Achtung Baby/Zoo TV/Zooropa out, and thought Pop was "just a bit too much"?
    That's a pretty accurate description of what was going on.
  6. Haha yeah, I know how it goes. Many 80s fans went through the same!