1. Originally posted by thechickenI prefer it on the Vertigo tour. The chorus needs the falsetto part.

Agreed. I prefer the Vertigo and ZooTV arrangements when there's 2 guitar parts and Edge doing the falsetto, for me it just gives it that bit extra (I don't know whether it's suitable to say it has more texture or not, in musical terms I've still no idea what it means to have different textures lol!). I like the idea they had for the Elevation performances (the intro is awesome, unquestionably) but I think the main song itself is a bit plain with Bono doing all the lyrics and one guitar part - to me it feels like there's something missing, although with the song being in a higher key the solo is pretty impressive.

I love the DVD itself but I just don't think it's the best set list around my favourite DVD is ZooTV with PopMart a close 2nd, although set lists wise I think Chicago DVD is the best (still need to get hold of Chicago DVD and Slane Castle though - Slane is the only one where I haven't watched everything or have the whole audio...)
  2. It's great, but there are better peformances, I think. Dunno about the show of course, because we can't watch most bootlegs.
  3. Absolute quality
    cheers for the reminder Remy
  4. Tottaly agreed!!
    It's one of their best!!!
    allthough for me their best DVD moment would be Streets from Slane, or also from Slane, that emotionally charged AWESOME version of OUT OF CONTROL.... really rocks for me!!
  5. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..](still need to get hold of Chicago DVD and Slane Castle though - Slane is the only one where I haven't watched everything or have the whole audio...)

Get Slane tomorrow. What have you been doing?!

Then watch it religiously for a week. Wash your mouth out with salt and shampoo for having committed such a heinous crime and then come back here and tell us about it's complete awesomeness.
  6. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Then watch it religiously for a week. Wash your mouth out with salt and shampoo for having committed such a heinous crime and then come back here and tell us about it's complete awesomeness.

Laugh Out Loud
  7. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Hang on a jibbery slimey *insert suitable adjective* second, I have good reasons lol!

a) All the shops in Norwich that I've gone to don't have either of those DVDs, or at least haven't had for about 6 months, which drives me up the wall and over the hill to Plymouth...
    b) I DO have a lot of the audio for it lol, but am missing some key tracks like All I Want Is You which I'm very upset about
    c) I don't think you'd need me to tell you how amazing it undoubtedly is lol...
  8. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

Hang on a jibbery slimey *insert suitable adjective* second, I have good reasons lol!

a) All the shops in Norwich that I've gone to don't have either of those DVDs, or at least haven't had for about 6 months, which drives me up the wall and over the hill to Plymouth...
    b) I DO have a lot of the audio for it lol, but am missing some key tracks like All I Want Is You which I'm very upset about

All I Want Is You merging into Streets is one of U2's finest moments...really, that shot made me the die-hard fan I am today.
  9. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

ebay man. You can pick i up for a fiver. No excuses. Get it
  10. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

Here you go, Harry: Amazon.com

Ebay.com

11. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

Nice comeback

However,

AMAZON.co.uk

Click here, click BUY, add some pertinent personal information. Job done.

{Or Gerard's idea is cheaper.... }
  12. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

All I Want Is You merging into Streets is one of U2's finest moments...really, that shot made me the die-hard fan I am today.

"All I Want is fucking you man.."

Legendary