1. the boston version from the 9th is pretty good too

maybe a tad bias lol
  2. As good as the 5th Leg Vertigo versions were, Elevation Fly, especially Boston takes the cake I agree.

"Where is the Fly?"

Boston is where it is at my friends

gotta go
  3. Elevation Fly owns...Boston especially.
  4. I just got a flashback...

First time I got the DVD in my hands I didn't bought it, I saw it at a relative of mine. I skipped almost all the songs cause I didn't knew them , but I got only stunned by seeing and hearing Elevation . Then, two or three years ago I listened to The Fly from Chicago (Vertigo) and it got me rocking. Well the rest is history, but the first time I saw this Fly one I thought, 'EDGE! WHAT YOU'RE DOING?!!'

I think it's maybe one of the best live performances of U2. It's kicking ass, please let this one come back the next tour...
  5. Just been listening to an audio rip of this and definitely one of the best reworked versions of a song u2 have done, I like ebttrt too but the intro and the longer choruses are perfect on this one.
  6. Amen.

EDIT. Second best reworking of a song. First is Hawkmoon 269
  7. Best reworkings are Bullet The Blue Sky, imo.
  8. I contend it's one of the strongest versions of The Fly, but I think if they took the extended intro from this version and combined it with the more electric versions from Vertigo/360 and Bono's ability to play guitar, we would have the perfect version.

Moment of silence for Bono being unable to play guitar anymore...
  9. Originally posted by ahn1991:I contend it's one of the strongest versions of The Fly, but I think if they took the extended intro from this version and combined it with the more electric versions from Vertigo/360 and Bono's ability to play guitar, we would have the perfect version.

Moment of silence for Bono being unable to play guitar anymore...
    Elevation version definitely was a fantastic reinvention of the song - love the extended intro, Bono almost growling the "a man will beg, a man will crawl..." lines in the chorus, the updated riff that Edge plays. And the Boston performance is ridiculously high-energy for sure.

But I agree that having Bono play guitar still made it better. I don't like how he sang it on Vertigo (yes, I'm picky about this song because I love it so much), but loved seeing it live on 360 and thought it rocked. I think, though, that there's still something about the original performances on Zoo TV that might stand out the strongest for me...