1. Exactly my thoughts
  2. Has there been a more transformed song in U2's catalog, between the record and live?

You could argue Bad, but even there it's just delivered with extreme passion and more drawn out. It's a different experience to hear it live, but they took The Fly from a great "indie rock" sounding song in the 90s and turned it into an arena rock anthem on the Elevation Tour
  3. Extreme transformation: (I'm not saying it was great) Crazy Tonight live.
  4. Originally posted by MattG:Has there been a more transformed song in U2's catalog, between the record and live?

You could argue Bad, but even there it's just delivered with extreme passion and more drawn out. It's a different experience to hear it live, but they took The Fly from a great "indie rock" sounding song in the 90s and turned it into an arena rock anthem on the Elevation Tour
    I feel like this could be a great thread, I am always thinking about this.
  5. Originally posted by MattG:Has there been a more transformed song in U2's catalog, between the record and live?

Please, Discotheque (all live versions are different from studio, but 2005 version is totally out of them all), Exit, EBTTRT 2011-2015...
  6. Sunday Bloody Sunday in Popmart. Edge’s Karaoke machine was never coming back out after Sarajevo.
  7. I think a lot of the reason why the Elevation Tour version of The Fly is so good is that Larry is playing his toms during the song..

For me the Fly has sounded weaker ever since he started playing hi hats (from Vertigo onwards) in the song. The toms just give it so much bottom end which in turn allow Edge's guitar to shine above everything else.
  8. Originally posted by cookoman:I think a lot of the reason why the Elevation Tour version of The Fly is so good is that Larry is playing his toms during the song..

For me the Fly has sounded weaker ever since he started playing hi hats (from Vertigo onwards) in the song. The toms just give it so much bottom end which in turn allow Edge's guitar to shine above everything else.
    Coming from a drummer, I absolutely agree with you.
  9. Originally posted by cookoman:I think a lot of the reason why the Elevation Tour version of The Fly is so good is that Larry is playing his toms during the song..

You know your stuff sir