1. Originally posted by yeah[..]

That's what I did over the last years. It's just hard to stay optimistic when you listen to all the stuff that was written and released after the bomb... and Bono's comments about the new album.

Well, all this is abstract banter anyway. What's gonna happen is that I'll throw all my intentions over board and go to at least 3 shows of the next tour, no matter if I like the new album or not. Same story as on Elevation and Vertigo.

You're still a fan I guess, whether you like the new material or not...But what do you mean about Bono's comments on the new album? You mean you hear the same stuff as what was said before ATYCLB and HTDAAB came out?? I think it's actually quite hard to invent by the way. Everything has been done before by artists, it seems.

But even then, who tought about AB after Joshua?
  2. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Well, all this is abstract banter anyway. What's gonna happen is that I'll throw all my intentions over board and go to at least 3 shows of the next tour, no matter if I like the new album or not. Same story as on Elevation and Vertigo.

your lucky to have that option. I'm hoping to get to Dublin and Wembley (they have to don't they)
  3. Their fan base has only expanded as a result of the last two I'm sure. Certainly in Australia, Beautiful Day would be their most played song on commercial radio after Vertigo. They have fans of all ages which is very rare for a band in today's industry where producers are shaping, manufacturing and promoting musical acts for particular audiences. At the Vertigo show that I went to, they came from all walks of life - that's a testament to the greatness of the band. Their omnipresent quality can be attributed to their sustained ability to be relevant, appealing and evolved. Long may that continue.

4. They stay relevant in this business - not releasing an album with two good songs and ten others that suck.

Because it is a cut-throat business, and the labels (and fans) will drop you in half a second.
  5. ''With his grey pallor and mummy's complexion, Keith Richards resembles a man wrapped in crocodile skin and left out in the rain; Mick Jagger, once a sex symbol, looks like a refugee from one of those Star Trek episodes where the crew contract a rapid-aging virus and are all shrivelled old men by the second ad break. And that's with the lights dimmed. In full daylight, he should probably carry a PG12 rating.''

LOL!!!!!hahahaha

and yes theyr still relevant with over almost more than 50 singles put out, number one albums since UF, 160 million album sales, sold out tours, going to put out a new album, one of the best well played band, charismatic singer, many many followers from all kinds of ages, hailed by fellow musicians... than i think they can continu to 2020..ill be there if they pull out a great final tour!
    they will always be with me, and will allways support them.
    because they......

6. I think well past 2020 - they're not at their height of creativity, but they continue to put out work which is brilliant. And also, this is why they're building a multi-million dollar tower and signed that Live Nation deal. You don't go building the biggest building in Ireland to only be around for another ten years or whatever it is.

But I think all the Stones look remarkable for their ages.
  7. Bono sings: I kissed your lips, broke your heart.
    But Judas kissed Jesus on the cheek right?
  8. The Greek word used for “kiss” in the Synoptic Gospels refers to a more affectionate, possibly repeated action of kissing. It could say Judas “covered him with kisses”, maybe to leave no doubt that this was the guy or out of genuine grief for what he’s about to do, or both...
  9. ....