1. Ever since the Joshua Tree Tour, Where the Streets Have No Name has been U2's most powerful live weapon. It's the Everest of crowd excitement and energy and has a unique ability to unite an entire audience. Most fans walk away from U2 shows and look back at that song as one of the concert highlights. Edge's brilliant intro combined with Larry's amazing beat gets the crowd going every time, but it's the song immediately preceding and the quality of the segue which often has a bearing on how Streets is received in a live performance. Two questions...what is your favourite 'lead in' song to Streets and which current song would you like to see segued into Streets?

For me, my favourite is Bad/40/Psalm 116 (during Elevation Tour) followed closely by Running to Stand Still (during ZooTV).

And I would love to see City of Blinding Lights lead in to Streets on the next tour. I think COBL really lends itself to a great little segue into Streets.

What do you think?
  2. Well, you know already that I go for Please

But I agree that Bad, All I Want Is You and RTSS are all great lead-ins

COBL would be very good. Zooropa would be nice. Acrobat would make me fall over with dizzy excitement (or Ultraviolet).

Please God, not Pride and the flags again
  3. Yes, I think we've had "the Please debate" before. Let's agree to disagree

I never thought of Acrobat or Ultraviolet but they could potentially work very well.
  4. Bad-40-Where The Streets Have No Name
  5. I loved the MLK to Streets opening from the superbowl, really poignant and powerful especially in that performance, hope they do it again sometime
  6. One Tree Hill into Streets would work. Edge piercing out those first notes as the 'Oh great ocean' part ends. Could work. I wouldn't mind seeing another rotation again as per Elevation Tour but oh god please ditch Pride and the flags and bring the red and lights back.
  7. My favourite is Please-Streets, fits seamlessly, amazing vocals by Bono.

As for the next tour, I'd like to see Streets get a break, the song is worn out since Popmart...
  8. Originally posted by yeahMy favourite is Please-Streets, fits seamlessly, amazing vocals by Bono.

As for the next tour, I'd like to see Streets get a break, the song is worn out since Popmart...

agreed on the first part but no chance. Elevation Tour was awesome for Streets I feel. Edge had the sound completely nailed. Although Bono lets the song down, a return to Red and lights would surely make up for it. Or maybe a slight re-work of the whole song. It's got to stay
  9. Originally posted by djrlewisWell, you know already that I go for Please

But I agree that Bad, All I Want Is You and RTSS are all great lead-ins

COBL would be very good. Zooropa would be nice. Acrobat would make me fall over with dizzy excitement (or Ultraviolet).

Please God, not Pride and the flags again

LOL! You and Pride, honestly, give the poor song a break Dan!

My favourite is RTSS, although the idea of COBL really appeals...and I also like the MLK segue from Superbowl '02, really really powerful. Please, Bad etc. were good, but for me, that eeriness that RTSS leant during ZooTV is the standout. End of. And I believe I've just heard one of my favourite versions of both Streets and The Fly (1992-08-16) - was genuinely blown away when both kicked in...I also love the version from the Boston DVD (and yes, the Slane version is epic but not my favourite lol...), when I first heard/saw it I felt hairs stand up on the back of my neck because it was the first time I'd ever come across it live, and it's a seamless performance...

*ducks for cover*
  10. Bad/40/Streets from elevation tour

as for what i would like to see Bullet The Blue Sky works well on a mix that i'v made

streets fades in at "Into the arms of America"
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

agreed on the first part but no chance. Elevation Tour was awesome for Streets I feel. Edge had the sound completely nailed. Although Bono lets the song down, a return to Red and lights would surely make up for it. Or maybe a slight re-work of the whole song. It's got to stay

Agreed

It's surely too popular to drop. Like Jumpin' Jack Flash for the Stones.

I'm sure I read that they considered dropping it at one point (Vertigo?) but that they realised they just can't. Vertigo version was the weakest but just look at the crowd reaction (U23D for example) to see what it means to the fans!!
  12. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Agreed

It's surely too popular to drop. Like Jumpin' Jack Flash for the Stones.

I'm sure I read that they considered dropping it at one point (Vertigo?) but that they realised they just can't. Vertigo version was the weakest but just look at the crowd reaction (U23D for example) to see what it means to the fans!!

They considered dropping it for Popmart but Willie Williams intervened. It's a banker. A 2 hour under par performance could be forgotten about if they nail Streets.