1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Well we’re not exactly going to ban knives but the difference is a kitchen knife isn’t sold in a store with its intended purpose being to stab someone, it doesn’t encourage violent behaviour. The purchase of a gun absolutely encourages violent behaviour it is a violent weapon. It seems quite sad to me that we would use an example of one sort of crime to defend people’s right to own an item that is used for another.
    Bingo. That hits the nail on the head.
  2. Plenty of knives are sold for violent purposes. Either way, I sorta get the knife argument.
    But I can see why others would disagree, and we all know where this is gonna go
  3. Let's not digress to guns and knives. I think a lot more of these videos will pop-up in the build-up to the UK shows.

But, actually, and given the recent developments in the UK-EU negotiations, I find it hard to imagine that the EU flag will feature
    that prominently in the shows. And neither can I picture them pulling out the Union Jack.

The whole point of the flag - as well as in Europe, as in the States - is to illustrate the idea that in unity everybody is stronger.
    This idea again is repeated in the encore where Bono says that he would be nothing but a quarter of the man he is with U2.
    To show either the EU's, or the British flag will promote division instead of unity. Even the white flag ("surrender") is not an option.

No, the only flag I expect to see in the UK is the Irish flag. I mean, for them, for Ireland, a reinstatement of the hard border
    between Northern Ireland (U.K.) and the Republic as a result of a "hard Brexit" is the real horror scenario. No-one wants to go
    back there and break up the Good Friday agreement.

I predict the Irish flag + The Unforgettable Fire for London and Manchester - and perhaps even for Belfast & Dublin...
  4. Not a chance will the Irish flag be shown in Belfast.
  5. And most certainly not the Union Jack. I suggest no flag as a statement of unity!
  6. I think they will stick with the EU flag for all shows .
  7. We're lucky if we get song rotation let alone flag rotation.
    Plus they have the flags of loads of countries on the screen during which song ?
  8. Originally posted by Timk68:We're lucky if we get song rotation let alone flag rotation.
    Plus they have the flags of loads of countries on the screen during which song ?
    GOOYOW
  9. Originally posted by Timk68:We're lucky if we get song rotation let alone flag rotation.
    LOL...when you put it like that, "flag rotation" sounds rather silly indeed

But still I don't think New Year's Day with the EU flag is good idea...
  10. Yep... they stole NYD from Polish fans ;P ... just kidding....

the rotation of the flags was changed at Paris 3 which was to me rather absurd, since they only showed 12 stars with names of countries that started EU not mentioning the other ones so it was in contrast with the "NYD" message

but I think they came back to the rotation as I seen pictures from Lisbon