1. Originally posted by Jawis:I read these sentences from Wikipedia in From The Sky Down:

"Additional filming took place on 27 May at Burton Cummings Theatre in Winnipeg during the band's rehearsals for the Glastonbury Festival 2011. A rough cut of the movie was shown to the group in July, much to their satisfaction. According to Guggenheim, "They were over the moon. They loved it." The only request the band made was that the film should be shortened in length, and Guggenheim agreed."

And just wow it exists an extended full length of the documentary.
    Would love to seen it when AB30 really comes out.
    I was at the Burton Cummings Theatre when they filmed the rehearsal. I'm pretty sure it was The Fly in the movie.
  2. Both of Bono's solo takes were done at Hansa.
  3. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    I was at the Burton Cummings Theatre when they filmed the rehearsal. I'm pretty sure it was The Fly in the movie.
    wow that's great
    You seen some of piece of music history
  4. Originally posted by BelfastBoy:[..]
    There's already 2 versions of FTSD released:

- the 74-minute version that came with the "Über Deluxe" and "Super Deluxe" editions of the 20th anniversary reissue of Achtung Baby.
    - An 85-minute director's cut as released on Blu-ray and DVD on December 12, 2011.

There may well have been a longer version originally prepared by Davis Guggenheim,but if so,I doubt we'll ever get to see it.Personally,I would've been happy to watch something much longer.The released version gives such incredible insights into U2's creative processes I would've loved a breakdown for all the songs on the AB album.
    +1
  5. I was outside. They had strict security. If you see the band with a Giant Tiger Yellow Sign that's Winnipeg.
  6. this version and Pharrell
  7. Pharrell looks like Stevie Wonder with that glasses, but he's bold and not bearded
  8. Pharrell is a mega talent.