1. I agree, nice and succinct, Dean. There’s probably a lot more that goes into it but you pretty much summed up the main cause perfectly.
  2. Why the sudden discussion on U2/Bono haters by the way ?
  3. Big is bad the bigger the star the bigger the target.Their Tax arrangements is a major bone of contention for the haters they see Bono pontificating about the 3rd world and asking governments for more money for foreign aid while he lives the life of a very wealthy Rock star mainly in the South of France yes we know it's not as straight forward as that but try telling that to someone who doesn't like U2,the Apple gate fiasco annoyed a lot of people it was a bold move that probably gained them more fans even the guys in the hood who probably never listen to Rock let alone U2 have a copy of SOI on their IPhone whether they liked it or not is another matter.
  4. It's the speeches between songs, can't think of much else.
  5. People think that he should just shut the f*** up and sing that’s all
    Or....if he’d rather talk then stop singing
    No more no less
  6. I think when it comes to the speeches the problem is on the same tour it’s quite often the same ones repeated over and over. Because it’s so easy to listen in and watch videos, listen to bootlegs etc then it can maybe come across not quite as sincere the 50th time but that’s what’s required to spread the message to people who don’t follow every show and I’m sure whatever message Bono is getting across is important to him both the artistic messages and humanitarian ones. The message just comes across more powerful the first time round to us as listeners. I did used to think along the lines of less talking would mean more songs but in fairness we do get a good length of Setlist regardless and I think some of the talking bits give the band much needed breathers during the show so I think we get a more than fair deal.
  7. The speeches did used to be more spontaneous than they are now.
  8. Well I think so too
    And the speeches are for taking breath too