1. A 65 year old guy who comes into work often has met a heap of rock stars to get photos/autographs. He showed me his album, he's met everyone.

He said U2 are one of the nicest bands, and most willing to spend time talking to fans.
  2. You’re story about meeting Bono is a cracker, and I love how it wasn’t when he was ‘on duty’ if you like. In fact it was you who was on duty lol.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    You’re story about meeting Bono is a cracker, and I love how it wasn’t when he was ‘on duty’ if you like. In fact it was you who was on duty lol.
    I basically got paid to meet Bono. Not a bad shift haha
  4. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    For a band of their stature they are actually pretty good about meeting fans who wait at a venue. Not always, but typically at least one of them will get out and greet a crowd waiting at the venue. They don't have to, but they do, and always have. I think you are barking up the wrong tree with U2 on this one. I don't think they have an obligation to even do so anyway.
    I know the Stones and McCartney do a wave from the limo (sometimes not even that) as they go and leave. They rarely if ever stop.
    Yep. Adam and Bono are really good at it, much better than most artists out there, either smaller or equivalent. Edge is a bit more shy but also has his share of meeting fans out there and when he does he's super friendly.
    Let's not talk about Larry though
  5. Has anyone got any details about what Larry is like if you were to come across him in every day life, when he’s away from being in the band, or even if anyone has had the chance to meet him when he’s with the band? Is he the type that if you came up to him and said you were a big fan would he acknowledge it or would he be offended you approached him?
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yep. Adam and Bono are really good at it, much better than most artists out there, either smaller or equivalent. Edge is a bit more shy but also has his share of meeting fans out there and when he does he's super friendly.
    Let's not talk about Larry though
    You can tell Edge is putting on an act.

Well they all are.
  7. Strange, I have met Edge several times and found him to be the most down to earth out of all them. From my experiences Bono likes to greet the ladies and reacts much better to them (but is still ok for the most part to all fans). Adam is just laid back about it. Larry was actually very nice the one time I had the opportunity to meet him. He was not super chatty, but did not act like he hated what he was doing either.
  8. Edge was very kind and taking selfies with eveyrone when I met him. I was in awe when he approached me, I kinda started shaking it hit me I was meeting with The Edge, the legend who has given so much to music and the world, the man who has composed the soundtrack of my life. He was smiling the whole time with everyone. I had been waiting a long time to meet Bono, he means so much to me I even thought I couldn't handle with actually meeting him. However, once he came to meet, greet, sign, he was so kind and generous and felt so approachable if that makes sense. We even chatted together for like a minute and it was calm and smooth instead of me panicking and losing my words which was what I thought would happen Both seemed genuine to me. Haven't met Adam and Larry yet, but I would love to.

9. Listen - you just want to get in my pants it's sooooooooo obvious.

But stop PM-ing me with all your love poems - seriously dude, not my thing.
  10. Alright, let's get back to responding to and sharing the news peoples