1. Thank you for speaking up, nobody had the balls to do it before you
  2. I prefer those glasses as well, I don’t like so much the John Lennon version but it’s on him to decide!
  3. I don't think he will wear those on stage..maybe he has choosen to wear the "Lennon style" glasses because they are much more comfortable to wear. These new glasses with the bigger lenses and the large and thick acetate frame are much more heavier, especially if you're wearing them the entire day.
    But we will see ... in less than 90 days

4. I've wore all kinds of glasses for 20 years and very humbly, let me tell you that this is just not right. Metal glasses mounts weigh about 20-25 grams and acetate frames weigh about 30-35 gr. so it's not really noticeable. Also, as long as we know Bono doesn't have any visual defects (apart from his glaucoma) so the proper lenses must not weight much (mine weighed a ton because I used to be a myopic - the more dioptres, the thicker your glass is). So I'm pretty sure Bono's glasses are rather lightweight.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I've wore all kinds of glasses for 20 years and very humbly, let me tell you that this is just not right. Metal glasses mounts weigh about 20-25 grams and acetate frames weigh about 30-35 gr. so it's not really noticeable. Also, as long as we know Bono doesn't have any visual defects (apart from his glaucoma) so the proper lenses must not weight much (mine weighed a ton because I used to be a myopic - the more dioptres, the thicker your glass is). So I'm pretty sure Bono's glasses are rather lightweight.
    I agree with you that if these are plain lenses, there is no difference except the lenses are bigger than in his round glasses.

Normally acetate frames don't weigh so much, but I think this depends on the kind of frame. The frame of the glasses he's wearing now looks quite heavy, as the frame is very thick. I can't find the weigth of his round glasses (Oliver Peoples, called "The row after midnight") online, but if I compare them with similar frames from other manufacturers like RayBan, the weight is below 20 grams.

Anyway, that's not important at all
  6. Originally posted by Chrisssie:[..]
    I agree with you that if these are plain lenses, there is no difference except the lenses are bigger than in his round glasses.

Normally acetate frames don't weigh so much, but I think this depends on the kind of frame. The frame of the glasses he's wearing now looks quite heavy, as the frame is very thick. I can't find the weigth of his round glasses (Oliver Peoples, called "The row after midnight") online, but if I compare them with similar frames from other manufacturers like RayBan, the weight is below 20 grams.

Anyway, that's not important at all
    Agreed - the important thing is that he looks much better and interesting with these new 1999-ish glasses!
  7. now that he has changed the glasses it's the haircut he has to cut a little, I think!
    bono if you read me!