1. I was a casual U2 fan until AB. First heard them on MTV. Loved New Years Day. Bought Under a Blood Red Sky when it came out, but that was the only original U2 vinyl I owned in the 80s. Had War and Unforgettable Fire on cassette. Never bought Joshua Tree until much later. Weird, I know, considering how much I loved With or Without You.

AB blew me away and made me a serious U2 fan. I started working my way back and digging deeper, but wasn't able to see them til the Vertigo tour.
  2. I know this isn’t a latest sighting, but the first i think i ever heard of them was when that trabant was dropped beside Burt Kwouk in the advert for AB, then listening to radio 1 sunday chart and The Fly blasts out the speakers, changing everything for me. Just turned 13. Borrowed the album cassette off a friends brother. It blew away everything i had heard to that point. I had no idea who they were until then, so this was year zero for me.
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988: I wish I was old enough at that time to have been around for it, to get completely mind-fucked by it. I love hearing stories of those U2 fans who were.

And that is the best way to put it. I was a freshman in high school went AB came out. I liked U2 a lot in middle school, but really was a first three tracks JT kind of fan. I pretty much wore out those tracks on my JT cassette. Then, my friend came over with his AB cassette and said you have to listen to the first song on side 2. We listened, he stopped the track, and all I could say was "again." And we did, we listened to it again, and again, and again. Louder each time. As cliche as it sounds, it changed everything for me. Everything I knew was wrong. We tried to figure out how to play the Fly's riff on the guitar. Badly, but who cares, it got us closer to the song. Then, I dig through my dad's records and found Boy, Under a Blood Red Sky, and October. My dad then took me to ZooTV. And for the next three decades, well, you know...

4. pass it on before it goes bye bye
  5. Bono is awesome in this song !!
  6. Originally posted by FromMEtoU2:[..]

And that is the best way to put it. I was a freshman in high school went AB came out. I liked U2 a lot in middle school, but really was a first three tracks JT kind of fan. I pretty much wore out those tracks on my JT cassette. Then, my friend came over with his AB cassette and said you have to listen to the first song on side 2. We listened, he stopped the track, and all I could say was "again." And we did, we listened to it again, and again, and again. Louder each time. As cliche as it sounds, it changed everything for me. Everything I knew was wrong. We tried to figure out how to play the Fly's riff on the guitar. Badly, but who cares, it got us closer to the song. Then, I dig through my dad's records and found Boy, Under a Blood Red Sky, and October. My dad then took me to ZooTV. And for the next three decades, well, you know...
    Love this story!!!
  7. I can see why it's been hidden away for 8 years.

Not good.
  8. Can someone pls download it for me.. I don’t have a computer with me, and I‘m back at home only tomorrow. Could be deleted from Youtube before I‘m back..