1. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:The royalties of Miss Sarajevo were contributed to charity. WarChild was the big recipient worldwide, and even Pavarotti's annual Pavarotti and Friends concert supported War Child that year. Proceeds from that concert were used to help build the Pavarotti Music Center in Mostar. Every copy of the single sold contained the note "All artists royalties & proceeds received in the UK, after a deduction of costs incurred, from the sale of this single will be donated to The Warchild Charity, except in the Republic of Ireland, where the proceeds will be donated to Cradle." Further donations were made worldwide and through the concert in Modena.

The footage used in the video was not organized by the band directly. It was from the documentary "Miss Sarajevo" by Bill Carter. The band would have worked out an agreement with Carter over the footage. Carter, as the filmmaker would have been the one in charge of ensuring the footage had legal clearances etc. So if she's got an issue with not being paid, maybe U2 isn't where she should be starting. (But to be fair, Bono did help fund the documentary, so the lines may be a bit blurred...)
    I'm pretty sure she got covered for her portrait right. That's one of the most basic things and wouldn't believe that didn't happen. She might just be sour that she wasn't the star of the whole thing, but I doubt it really. I'd say it's a poorly written opinion piece disguised as an "interview"...

Person who wrote the article isn't really a journalist and has no affection/understanding of the music/touring business.
  2. Originally posted by Pipo:The reporter should’ve checked What happened with the royalties of the song. Now she accused the band getting rich over her (not true).
    That's the problem.. It isn't really a "reporter" but a fiction writer (really!) who wasn't earning during this crisis. So she took up her "old love" journalism to get "brood op de plank"..
  3. Originally posted by EridescoFly:[..]
    I was thinking this is a hint of something to come, maybe not an anniversary show as such but more Pop on the next tour maybe? I hope so.
    I hope so too. But I guess chances are it'll be long forgotten before the next tour.
  4. Get Out Of Your Own Way higher than Stay. Criminal.

5. Haha my thoughts exactly. GOOYOW in that list is criminal, once the crime is perpetrated I don't care at which position it ends
  6. I read this first as Get On Your Boots. Still a crime either way.