1. #bringbackpaul
  2. They signed the deal with Live Nation in 2008?

There was also the Vertigo ticket fiasco.
  3. And mcguiness was manager for the Rattle and Hum movie, not to mention the early popmart fiasco
  4. And mcguiness was manager for the Rattle and Hum movie, not to mention the early popmart fiasco

Oh, hi Guy

Seriously, I think he's the worst thing that happened to U2. Ever.
  5. I think people's views are skewed to some extent because Paul was manager when U2 were putting out far better material.
  6. Really? I like SOI and SOE more than No Line and Atomic Bomb..they were more successful under Paul but I've loved the last two records.
  7. I don’t think Rattle and Hum was that big of a fuck up. Yes, the movie is kind of stupid, except the live parts. It shouldn’t have been made, it was a big waste of money. But the album sold 10million + and gave them a few hits that have endured to this day.

Popmart... yeah, they kinda botched that one. But If they would’ve just done an arena / stadium mix, it would’ve been fine. 18,000 people in an arena in Tampa is a sellout... 18,000 in a stadium is a huge failure. Yes the record didn’t perform as well as some of their others, but it wasn’t a huge bomb either.
  8. Originally posted by podiumboy:I don’t think Rattle and Hum was that big of a fuck up. Yes, the movie is kind of stupid, except the live parts. It shouldn’t have been made, it was a big waste of money. But the album sold 10million + and gave them a few hits that have endured to this day.

Popmart... yeah, they kinda botched that one. But If they would’ve just done an arena / stadium mix, it would’ve been fine. 18,000 people in an arena in Tampa is a sellout... 18,000 in a stadium is a huge failure. Yes the record didn’t perform as well as some of their others, but it wasn’t a huge bomb either.
    But what happened with SOI was a PR nightmare, bigger than a stupid, unnecessary movie or a tour with some mediocre attendance numbers. It wasn’t handled well at all. Luckily U2’s legacy is big enough to withstand the hit, but it did more harm than good by far.
  9. The SOI rollout was genius. They just should have had some balls and owned up to it.
  10. Invisible's release was a dry run for SOI, at least it seems that way to me. They screwed up because it went into everyone's library rather than just being free on the store.

The same mistake for Pop and PopMart was made for NLOTH and 360. They had huge tours already booked when albums weren't finished. NLOTH was half baked.
  11. I don't like both Songs of's except for a few song. For me, both Atomic Bomb and No Line are a lot better.
  12. HTDAAB and NLOTH have more majestic and grandiose songs than anything on SOI and SOE with the possible exception of TLTTGYA. The "BIG" songs on HTDAAB and NLOTH were epic and still are. I will always view SOI and SOE as club type records.