1. At a moment I had the feeling Bono was in conversation with his psychologist. His confidence is totally gone. He has a kind of sadness over him. And he is very hard on himself. And Edge was very uncomfortable with it.
  2. Originally posted by Pauln:As an Irish person living in Ireland there’s a lot of hatred for U2. They’re marmite. The perception around their tax affairs adds to that but as a nation we don’t like perceived bullshitters and unfortunately Bono gave the haters lots of ammunition.

I liked the version of walk on, but the interview was a bit of a car crash. The Edge was very uncomfortable with Bono’s insecurities (not liking his voice) and it turned into a conversation about Bono and being Bono. It thought it wasn’t his best interview, and the PPE donation was lost in all of this despite it being a significant gesture to the greater good of the country.

Remember this show was a fundraiser for homelessness which U2 have contributed significantly publicity through the busk every Xmas, and I’ve no doubt they do privately also. But the majority of the interview turned into a discussion about Bono thus came across as ill judged given the plight of homelessness in Ireland. He seemed nervous in the performance of Walk On and especially in the interview, which may explain the ramblings we heard. After all these years U2 are still nervous in front of an Irish audience. Tough crowd.

As one of the my extended family commented on another platform, this is what happens when you head is so far up your own arse! An insight into the Irish physche!

I don't think we should shift this problem to U2, but just keep it where it actually is. Let those people solve their own issues. In Latin countries they would have been heroes, in more 'cold' countries like Ireland or the Netherlands we just don't accept our own people to become stars. Of course you can always discuss U2's behaviour, I can certainly understand a certain degree of annoyance, but when it comes to hate, there's just other issues. Twitter is just an open sewer, it might have it's function, but better not go there voluntary.
  3. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]

Dude and why do you think it is that they are sledgehammered with crit these days? It’s because of the dumb things they have said or been in control off , bad managerial BS Bono’s ‘save the world‘ doctrine or not , they sign off on every last thing they do or say! It didn’t just suddenly become a favourite past time to hate on U2 , they caused the hate with dumb ideas ( Apple 🍎 anyone ? ) they thought would be accepted widely , well things like that were about as acceptable at a bad case of Thrush!

People don’t like someone rich and famous giving there opinion publicly and that says more (or less) rather that get annoyed at people such as Bono for being vocal. The apple idea was a great one but people are just so desperate to put other human beings down particularly famous ones. How the hell can someone giving away something for free be turned into a negative it’s so petty. If a Justin Bieber album turned up on my iTunes tomorrow (an artist I don’t like) the first thing I’d do is delete it then get on with my day. Why would I complain about an artist giving away there material. I guess the point is not everyone needs to love or like a certain individual but to actively dislike them and make a negative out of a good thing such as giving money towards PPE just shows that people are bitter, petty, and basically looking for any reason to criticise someone like Bono. There’s so many people out there that do much worse things than voice an opinion or share free music that escape without even a fraction of the criticism, famous or not famous.
  4. Originally posted by KC11:At a moment I had the feeling Bono was in conversation with his psychologist. His confidence is totally gone. He has a kind of sadness over him. And he is very hard on himself. And Edge was very uncomfortable with it.
    He definitely went to some real primal emotions.
  5. Originally posted by Pauln:As an Irish person living in Ireland there’s a lot of hatred for U2. They’re marmite. The perception around their tax affairs adds to that but as a nation we don’t like perceived bullshitters and unfortunately Bono gave the haters lots of ammunition.

I liked the version of walk on, but the interview was a bit of a car crash. The Edge was very uncomfortable with Bono’s insecurities (not liking his voice) and it turned into a conversation about Bono and being Bono. It thought it wasn’t his best interview, and the PPE donation was lost in all of this despite it being a significant gesture to the greater good of the country.

Remember this show was a fundraiser for homelessness which U2 have contributed significantly publicity through the busk every Xmas, and I’ve no doubt they do privately also. But the majority of the interview turned into a discussion about Bono thus came across as ill judged given the plight of homelessness in Ireland. He seemed nervous in the performance of Walk On and especially in the interview, which may explain the ramblings we heard. After all these years U2 are still nervous in front of an Irish audience. Tough crowd.

As one of the my extended family commented on another platform, this is what happens when you head is so far up your own arse! An insight into the Irish physche!

It's all down to how rich and successful they are nothing else i remember in the late 80s, 90s it was their ticket prices were too expensive for the unemployed if they cared about the Irish people they should give a free concert this sort of BS was constantly thrown at them ,infact there was so much outrage over their ticket prices for the Point depot gigs in 89 they had to reduce the price to appease the bitter vultures no other band would do that or be subjected to such vitriol.The bands association with all these organisations that highlighted injustices in the world(Amnesty ,Greenpeace,Live Aid) probably focused the spotlight on them more sharply for people to look at what they were doing and go oh look at the hypocritical rich people pontificating about the poor and oppressed while they syphon off their money to Holland to pay less tax. However a lot of Irish people are secretly proud of them and you'll probably won't find many homes that don't have a U2 album in their collection and they always play to record breaking crowds when they play outdoors in Ireland.
  6. Originally posted by KC11:At a moment I had the feeling Bono was in conversation with his psychologist. His confidence is totally gone. He has a kind of sadness over him. And he is very hard on himself. And Edge was very uncomfortable with it.
    I agree it was like watching a private conversation. He was trying too hard and he dropped his filter and guard.

Twitter is the gutter alright and not a gauge for a consensus of popularity. It’s best ignored.
  7. I didn't like the song, nor the interview, nor those damn round glasses! it's time to get back to basics and stop thinking of yourself as the navel of the world!

we want new songs we want concerts !
    Energy !!!
  8. Originally posted by kharbouch:I didn't like the song, nor the interview, nor those damn round glasses! it's time to get back to basics and stop thinking of yourself as the navel of the world!

Energy !!!
    I laughed out loud that was a funny comment good jokes!
  9. Originally posted by kharbouch:I didn't like the song, nor the interview, nor those damn round glasses! it's time to get back to basics and stop thinking of yourself as the navel of the world!

Energy !!!
    That's a shame you must be in the minority so*O*
  10. Walk On was awful
    Xmas was great (but I didn't like the ending)