1. AB 30 would mean U2 is done
  2. Originally posted by cleazer:[..]
    Would now be a good time to point out that U2XRadio has both listeners (via their hosting of Desire) and the actual channel's DJs (both the regular weekly/daily DJs and the celebrity guest DJs) mention all the time about how much they would love an AB 30th anniversary tour?

ALL.
    THE.
    TIME.

Either they're getting us ready for it, or the people who actually run and program the channel are doing their absolute best to convince U2 to do it.

3. Don't believe in the nineties
    Or the golden age of U2
    You glorify the past
    When the future dries up.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:I notice the latest u2songs ‘Crystal ball’ is up and apart from some bits that could go with the Heartland film (which probably isn’t out for a while either) it doesn’t seem very appealing what the rest of the year has in store. No mention of anything honouring AB which is really disappointing if the band aren’t going to do anything or release anything for it in a year that’s going to be pretty quiet otherwise it looks like.

https://www.u2songs.com/news/the_crystal_ball_what_comes_next

I was told right out that there was no tour coming, no plans for a tour, and not even any discussion about a tour. It's just not happening according to the people I've spoken with.

They could still do something to mark the 30th anniversary of AB by way of a release, or a broadcast on YouTube or something.
  5. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

I was told right out that there was no tour coming, no plans for a tour, and not even any discussion about a tour. It's just not happening according to the people I've spoken with.

They could still do something to mark the 30th anniversary of AB by way of a release, or a broadcast on YouTube or something.
    That’s a bit more promising then if you’re saying there’s a chance something could happen. An actual tour I wasn’t expecting anymore just with everything that’s going on in the world so it would only be a release or broadcast I was hoping for, or both if I’m being greedy but I’d be more than happy with just 1 of they things even. Thanks for all the information shared, and keeping it reliable and trustworthy as always. I’d always rather be underwhelmed with honest information than excited but then inevitably let down by inaccurate information.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That’s a bit more promising then if you’re saying there’s a chance something could happen. An actual tour I wasn’t expecting anymore just with everything that’s going on in the world so it would only be a release or broadcast I was hoping for, or both if I’m being greedy but I’d be more than happy with just 1 of they things even. Thanks for all the information shared, and keeping it reliable and trustworthy as always. I’d always rather be underwhelmed with honest information than excited but then inevitably let down by inaccurate information.
    My guess - and purely a guess - is we might get a coloured vinyl pressing of Achtung Baby at some point this fall. It's one of the albums not yet done in that format. And they did Boy last fall for Black Friday. But there's nothing on the schedule yet. (This one was actually planned for last April, but was pulled out of the release schedule before it was announced.) I'm keeping my expectations low otherwise.
  7. I’d be happy with just a live broadcast or stream of them playing AB in full. Nothing too big or fancy, maybe even throw in some Zooropa songs. This anniversary deserves something more than a vinyl pressing and some reruns. My dream would be for them to release a 92’ show but you know that won’t happen.
  8. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

Wasn't the Joshua Tree tour pulled out in a shorter time that what we have ahead? (until the AB anniversary, I mean). They could still be in time to make plans for a 2022 tour, God forbid
  9. Originally posted by CrashCaderz:I’d be happy with just a live broadcast or stream of them playing AB in full. Nothing too big or fancy, maybe even throw in some Zooropa songs. This anniversary deserves something more than a vinyl pressing and some reruns. My dream would be for them to release a 92’ show but you know that won’t happen.
    Yep. BBC 2017 but on a larger scale.
  10. The AB/Zoo juggernaut has a wealth a material to choose from. Probably more so than any other era. If they wade into the live gigs and demos we could see another Uber.