1. That was a bit naff.
  2. Why even have Edge there? He's just wearing the guitar
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Can it be lip synced when it wasn’t even live? I’m sure he sang one of the ‘streets of Dublin to notredame’ lyrics differently at least so I don’t think it was identical to the studio version.

Often the vocal is live in these situations.
  4. My guess is it was just an alternate vocal take from the recording sessions for the song. It sounds 98% like the single release.
  5. That’s embarrassing!! The whole thing , the song , Bono’s huge floating head ( queue ego jokes ) The Edges non existent guitar , The Edges white sneakers ( how un rocknroll ) and the lame virtual vibe to it all , What an eyesore !
  6. Originally posted by DanialGowans:That’s embarrassing!! The whole thing , the song , Bono’s huge floating head ( queue ego jokes ) The Edges non existent guitar , The Edges white sneakers ( how un rocknroll ) and the lame virtual vibe to it all , What an eyesore !
    So in other words you liked itπŸ‘ .TBH it essentially a Garrix tune with Bono there to give it a bit of weight otherwise it might just be a background tune that a lot of people would never know who was behind it ,the song went straight to Number 1 on ITunes and the whole world knows who Martin Garrix is and Bono and the Edge look credible with the millennials instead of looking like old dinosaurs πŸ¦•. which will lead a lot of people to check out the back catalogue of both artists.
  7. The media are having a field day with this !
  8. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    So in other words you liked itπŸ‘ .TBH it essentially a Garrix tune with Bono there to give it a bit of weight otherwise it might just be a background tune that a lot of people would never know who was behind it ,the song went straight to Number 1 on ITunes and the whole world knows who Martin Garrix is and Bono and the Edge look credible with the millennials instead of looking like old dinosaurs πŸ¦•. which will lead a lot of people to check out the back catalogue of both artists.
    Respectfully, no they won’t !
  9. The media have had a field day with U2 since about 1988.Couldn’t basically care about what people think,in this instance it is what it is.It’s quite a catchy tune with a bit of Euro pop,won’t sell or be a big massive hit,but so what?