1. THIS!

Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    And you should follow your own opinion 👍 Everybody loves or hate things for themselves. I don't care much for another one's opinion about U2 as well. I like/love them. Even their worst album is more enjoyable to me than some other bands best album. And if others have another opinion that's ok to me, but i enjoy it my way

About the apple release: i think the majority of the i-tunes users have forgotten about it. Only the U2 fans and the U2 haters still remember
  2. Originally posted by ferrari:Whats the problem with the Apple release? You have to separate it from the album SOI. Which is the best U2 record since Achtung Baby.

Funny, I did not mind the Apple release at all, but it is not their finest hour for sure. But having the Apple guy hyping it up as some Vertigo like huge single is kinda funny in retrospect. U2 has 7 albums since Achtung Baby, and a lot of people will call all of them their "best since Achtung Baby," which to me is Pop hands down, with Zooropa next. SOI to me is still full of poorly produced songs with somewhat weak songwriting. "Every Breaking Wave" is a great song in the acoustic version, which usually acoustic versions are the worst for U2, but in this case the album version sounds more like a younger band trying to cop U2's style, but pandering to a younger audience. The high point of the album is "California" but the intro is so bad, I had to make a cd editing out all the Ba Ba Ba Black Sheep Santa Monica Barbara crap so I could listen to it. Keeping Lucifer's Hands and Crystal Ballroom off is a bigger crime than keeping "Book Of Your Heart" off of SOE. SOE is not a lot better, but many less boring tracks.
  3. Seems like a lot of feelings about the band these days are like people and politics lately..more entrenched, less compromising and less open-minded. Can't stand EBW acoustic- much prefer full-band, but whatever..if someone else likes it, enjoy it.. but yeah I never understood the "ba-ba-barbara-santa-barbara" part of California.. like nails on a chalkboard to me 🤣🤣 I even lived near Santa Barbara, but that intro 🤮
  4. The intro is a clear nod to Barbara Ann (Beach Boys). Lucifer's Hands and Crystal Balroom go the way of previous songs like Fast cars, Mercy, Ground beneath her feet...overhyped leftovers.

SOE is half very good but the stretch from songs 3-8 really takes you out of the mood opening two and Landlady onwards have.

5. Trailer dropping tomorrow.
  6. More Apollo tracks just dropped.
  7. Been available for a week or so now.
  8. We need to create a pool to guess what Adam is going to do with his post-Covid locks.