1. I said awhile back on the Songs of Ascent thread that if they release 3 albums, I'll quite literally eat my hat. Talk to Kirsten, I believe she wrote it down just in case
  2. Those bets are always fun. Makes me hope they do release 3

3. That's what I'm expecting/hoping for. It's easier to sit back and take time to appreciate one album than have 3 thrown at you at the same time or not too long apart from eachother. The first would come out, and then after the next two come out you'd almost forget about the first. Unless they're all equal in greatness. We'll see I guess. If they merge it down to one album I'm expecting something along the lines of Pop. They're talking about rock tunes, a few ambient ones, and dance songs. Sounds like Last Night On Earth/Mofo, If God Will Send His Angels/Wake Up Dead Man, and Discotheque/Do You Feel Loved, respectively.
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

That's what I'm expecting/hoping for. It's easier to sit back and take time to appreciate one album than have 3 thrown at you at the same time or not too long apart from eachother. The first would come out, and then after the next two come out you'd almost forget about the first. Unless they're all equal in greatness. We'll see I guess. If they merge it down to one album I'm expecting something along the lines of Pop. They're talking about rock tunes, a few ambient ones, and dance songs. Sounds like Last Night On Earth/Mofo, If God Will Send His Angels/Wake Up Dead Man, and Discotheque/Do You Feel Loved, respectively.

Now THAT is would an album I can get behind.
  5. U2 in Concert: The Animated Series!

These are actually quite cool. I'll leave the third one here because the arseholes at WMG have disabled the audio on the first part. No doubt this will disappear too, so see it while you can.

6. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

I said awhile back on the Songs of Ascent thread that if they release 3 albums, I'll quite literally eat my hat. Talk to Kirsten, I believe she wrote it down just in case

written down and pinned on the wall above my desk ye ain't get outta that
    camera is ready
  7. The band is on track to break all-time gross record

Billboard, January 27, 2011
    By: Ray Waddell

[The January 29, 2011 issue of Billboard magazine includes a feature called "2011's Top 40 Best Bets." U2 is listed 11th with this accompanying article.]

In early April, while the group is performing somewhere in Latin America, U2's 360 tour is projected to become the highest-grossing tour off all time.

The previous record-high gross of $558 million, set by the Rolling Stones' A Bigger Bang tour of 2005-07, won't just be broken but, to quote the Stones, shattered. When U2 concludes its two-year, 110-show trek in North America in July, the 360 tour is projected to top $700 million in total gross and 7 million in attendance. The feat is even more remarkable when one considers that the band will break the record on a tour that spanned trying economic times around the globe.

U2 won't claim the all-time highest-gross mantle because it has the highest ticket prices -- the tour tops out at $250 and prices go as low as $30, well short of what acts the Stones and Barbra Streisand have charged. Rather, the record-breaking numbers are made possible by the band's enduring popularity and the tour's groundbreaking 360-degree staging, which expanded stadium capacities by double-digit percentages.

The success of the tour is also a milestone achievement for 360 producer Arthur Fogel, Live Nation chairman of global music and CEO of global touring. Fogel has played a key role in seven of the top 10 tours of all time, including treks by U2, Madonna, the Police and the Stones.

The 360 tour's record-high gross will stand for a long time, given the ambitious scale of the production, the band's willingness to invest in its show and its ability to stay on the road for such an extended period. Few acts can play stadium tours. And even if an artist attempts to emulate the staging that has enabled 360-size capacities -- a massively expensive endeavor that few would dare take on -- filling those seats would be a tall order, particularly over 100 shows in markets around the world. In all likelihood, U2 can only be topped by U2.

(c) Billboard, 2011.
  8. Question: Is this the tour where they played more times?

Anyway, in my opinion, this is their biggest tour, and those numbers just confirm that...
  9. It's too bad that people are going to read this and think the Global Fund is irresponsible, when in fact, the complete opposite is true. They are uniquely transparent about what happens to their money and as Bono described during the WEF in Davos, corruption was only found in 4 out of the nearly 150 countries the Global Fund deals with. Since the corruption has been discovered, NO aid will be given until changes are made within the country to ensure the money gets where it's needed. Unfortunately, corruption of some sort seemed inevitable, but I think it was necessary to find out which nations' leaders were corrupt so they can be changed for the future. Also, it appears that the amount of money sent to corrupt nations has been exaggerated, probably in an attempt to further sensationalize the story.

If anything, the Global Fund should be applauded for being so transparent and taking on the inevitable criticism. They've helped save more lives than not, and THAT is what should be in the news, not this stuff.
  10. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni:Question: Is this the tour where they played more times?

Anyway, in my opinion, this is their biggest tour, and those numbers just confirm that...

No it isn't (at least with all the dates we know, which are 110). Since they only played in stadiums, there are less gigs than Vertigo (132) or ZooTV (158), and the UF tour had just a little more date (113), according to u2gigs. But it might be the tour where there were the biggest crowds
  11. yeah the biggest for gross audience not for the number of the shows