1. I was told back in December that U2 would be updating their singles on digital services and download stores. Appears they've started that process with 11 new refreshed singles available this morning. It includes a few previous 'regional restricted' tracks, some fresh artwork in a few cases, but nothing new. All of this material has been released before. Just cleaning up the online catalog.

We went through and had a look at the offerings here:
    https://www.u2songs.com/news/u2_digital_single_upgrades
  2. They’ve included just about every b-side with these singles! Even included all because of you live from Chicago!!
  3. Yeah the other one that's nice to have is "I'll Go Crazy" from Somerville. That one was hard to find as well. I'm told we should have another round of these soon covering the late 90s and early 2000s.
  4. Yes!!
  5. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Yeah the other one that's nice to have is "I'll Go Crazy" from Somerville. That one was hard to find as well. I'm told we should have another round of these soon covering the late 90s and early 2000s.
    I was able to purchase I’ll go crazy in the last year or so on iTunes. Breathe and vertigo weren’t possible for me to purchase digitally at that point. It could be that certain regions had different songs available to purchase though.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I was able to purchase I’ll go crazy in the last year or so on iTunes. Breathe and vertigo weren’t possible for me to purchase digitally at that point. It could be that certain regions had different songs available to purchase though.
    Yes, I’ll Go Crazy popped up a couple of years ago but only in certain regions.
  7. so the songs coming out later this year are new or just re-recordings?
  8. Re-recordings of the 40 songs that Bono used for chapter titles in Surrender. Should be announced in August. The album of new songs should be out early next year.
  9. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Re-recordings of the 40 songs that Bono used for chapter titles in Surrender. Should be announced in August. The album of new songs should be out early next year.
    Sounds like you have some inside information, who is producing the new material hopefully it's a more stripped back approach after the over produced last 2 records which were an attempt at regaining past commercial glories but didn't quite achieve it.
  10. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Sounds like you have some inside information, who is producing the new material hopefully it's a more stripped back approach after the over produced last 2 records which were an attempt at regaining past commercial glories but didn't quite achieve it.
    Who is producing U2's album of new material? That is THE question of the year Popmarter! The band has to have identified a producer by now. Fingers crossed for one final Eno / Lanois collaboration. For me, they are the only producers that can push U2 into making a great album....and I love NLOTH and do think it's great - flaws and all.