1. I remember when I told my friends and family that I was going to go to Australia and Singapore to see a tour that I've already seen, after seeing the same band 7 times the previous year too. "Why?" they asked. "Save your money just go to the next one", "I'm sure they'll be touring next year too".

My reasoning was that you just never know when things are going to end. Whether it's the band retiring, whether it's personal circumstances dictating if you can attend or not, or even a global pandemic. You just never know.

And now I constantly remind them that if I hadn't attended the JT 2019 Tour it probably would have been the biggest regret of my life. Especially now when there's so much uncertain, and we probably won't get a full gig experience like we're used to until 2023.

I am confident that U2 will tour again. I don't think they want to call it a day yet. But if on the off chance they do, I am more than happy for the Singapore shows to be the last time I saw them.
  2. I faced the same questions about attending 6 shows and gave the same answer. Given their age, my age and other unforeseen issues, I’d always regret not taking the chance “one last time”
  3. I can see reason for Paul’s concerns. I think the people who assume their 2021 shows they have tickets for are going to go ahead as planned are dreaming, or not paying attention. 100% wont happen. As long as case numbers are the determining factor for everything, and cases are unlikely to ever become ZERO.
  4. Check this out on IG for more infos
    Nice idea
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:I can see reason for Paul’s concerns. I think the people who assume their 2021 shows they have tickets for are going to go ahead as planned are dreaming, or not paying attention. 100% wont happen. As long as case numbers are the determining factor for everything, and cases are unlikely to ever become ZERO.
    I bought Dua Lipa tickets last year for June 2020 which got postponed to January 2021 (yea right) and now it has been pulled to September 2021 which will also be touch and go. I think the promoters are just holding the money for as long as possible. That will be two years from selling tickets to the actual show. Crazy
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I bought Dua Lipa tickets last year for June 2020 which got postponed to January 2021 (yea right) and now it has been pulled to September 2021 which will also be touch and go. I think the promoters are just holding the money for as long as possible. That will be two years from selling tickets to the actual show. Crazy
    I had tickets for David Gray in March, then it was March 2021 and now October 2021. It originally was scheduled for the 28th March but wasn’t postponed until the 17th so we were really cutting it fine. I haven’t bothered committing to anything since March. The likelihood is I’ll just end up with money tied up in tickets with no idea if I can actually go or not.
  7. Same here. Hilariously, the tickets were for the wife's birthday (January 2020) but the rescheduled gig date is now on my birthday.

I'm not sure how long they can tie people's money up for during a pandemic when so many are facing hardship. Ten thousand seater indoor gatherings feel a lot further than ten months out to me.
  8. After reading that article, l get the sense that once a project is over, it is out of mind.
  9. I am encouraged that Edge is working on material. I’m sure Bono and Edge have worked together at least. I get the impression that they probably won’t get serious about making the next U2 album until sometime next year, and that no album will be released before 2022.

No big rush, I doubt large concert tours will be a thing before 2022 anyway. I could sure use a new u2 album to cheer me up right now.