1. Bit of Twin Peaks vibe in that clip with the Red Curtains and chairs
  2. Bono’s handwritten lyrics for The First Time are part of OneDrop Auction taking place on December 12th, organized by Guy Laliberté and Prince Albert of Monaco. Bono’s signature is dated on September 2020. The lot is also including a Jaeger LeCoultre watch that Bono donated. This watch was a present from the singer to his father Bob. According to earlier reports on this auction “Bono’s 18-karat pink gold watch ($1,000-$2,000) was a gift by the musician to his father, who he credits with giving him his voice. It comes with a framed drawing of his lyrics to “The First Time.” Laliberté says the contribution gave him goosebumps. “I didn’t ask why he decided to give us this piece specifically, but I am so thankful,” the entrepreneur told Robb Report. “I wish I could be a fly on the wall when the next owner is going to open the box and feel the symbolic importance of this piece.”

Ironic note: finally something handwritten that's not "Love is bigger than everything in its way".

3. we wouldn't need celebrity auctions if the rich just paid their full amount of taxes

it's simple

and as the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor then these auctions will continue ad infinitum
  4. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:we wouldn't need celebrity auctions if the rich just paid their full amount of taxes

it's simple

and as the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor then these auctions will continue ad infinitum
    In what country are you referring to...

I know in the US, governments try to attract industry by giving out tax incentives.
  5. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:we wouldn't need celebrity auctions if the rich just paid their full amount of taxes

it's simple

Last I checked most wealthy people do pay their full amount of taxes. They just pay smart people to find loopholes
  6. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    Last I checked most wealthy people do pay their full amount of taxes. They just pay smart people to find loopholes
    last time I checked those loopholes are placed there by and for the rich people so I think you need to rethink this

it's basic simple stuff - to stop people starving and being abused is for the wealthy to contribute more to society a society that they have used for their own ends and a society that have reaped the rewards of (money)

they don't pay enough