1. For some reason, I'm just listening to this now - it is awesome. Why isn't it on ATYCLB or HTDAAB? It's better than the majority of both of those albums.
  2. It's certainly better than, say, Wild Honey or maybe even Peace on Earth. The only version I have has a kind of lame techno thing happening that wouldn't have fit either album IMHO- don't know if there's another version out there.

The only other thing I can think besides that is that the melody is a little predictable. Like, even if you've never heard the song before and you know a little about music theory you can pretty much guess where it's going to go and sing along with it.

And seriously, Bono, Freedom scent = baby heads??? Just couldn't let that one go, could you?

Just my $0.02
  3. I think of it as ATYCLB-era's Gone, especially with the lyric "spirit come on down, no, I'm not coming down."
  4. a great track, shoould have been an album realse. "smile" has the same story. also "Xanax and Wine" which is much better than "fast cars".
  5. Originally posted by walkonalso "Xanax and Wine" which is much better than "fast cars".

Can't agree with you there...but it's been discussed before in another topic...so...
  6. Do I remember reading the Complete U2 digital booklet and it says that Levitate was recorded during Pop? It's a truly awesome song and deserves a proper CD release as a B-side or outtake, rather than no longer being available through iTunes.
  7. Originally posted by zooey

And seriously, Bono, Freedom scent = baby heads??? Just couldn't let that one go, could you?

Its true though. My daughter was born in September of '04 and I noticed it right away.
  8. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Guys, please!

no B-sides have been mentioned in this thread.
  9. Originally posted by Guenther[..]

no B-sides have been mentioned in this thread.

What else would you class it as then? In that topic, if you bother to read it, Levitate and the like come up all the time. For the sake of discussion, the topic is about anything that hasn't been on an album.

If you're going to be picky, then use this one:-

U2 Unreleased & Rare = favourite song?

Either way, it doesn't need it's own topic.
  10. one of the best b-sides, comes off as really transcendent for me. "spirit come on down, no i'm not coming down" with the beat and guitar, god it really gives the feeling of taking off! love it, great joyous song