1. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

if the bootleg didn't sound as good would you still be saying it was the best?

Good question!!
  2. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Good question!!

a very valid question. Sound quality dramatically effects are perception of an 'awesome' gig. If Dublin was a 2 start gig how many of us would have downloaded it never mind voted it the best gig ever?
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

a very valid question. Sound quality dramatically effects are perception of an 'awesome' gig. If Dublin was a 2 start gig how many of us would have downloaded it never mind voted it the best gig ever?

There's no doubt it makes it easier to return to and listen over again. But the gig has to be high quality too. The performance has to stand up and it does at Dublin.
    But I do agree it wouldn't have the same rating if the audio was shocking.

As we've said before elsewhere ZooTV and Zooropa really warrant being considered as separate tours anyway.

(Which gig is that YouTube from?.....)
  4. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

There's no doubt it makes it easier to return to and listen over again. But the gig has to be high quality too. The performance has to stand up and it does at Dublin.
    But I do agree it wouldn't have the same rating if the audio was shocking.

As we've said before elsewhere ZooTV and Zooropa really warrant being considered as separate tours anyway.

(Which gig is that YouTube from?.....)

The famed Milan 1992 gig.

The only true Zooropa shows for me were the Australian, New Zeland and Tokyo gigs and maybe a few August 1993 shows.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

The only true Zooropa shows for me were the Australian, New Zeland and Tokyo gigs and maybe a few August 1993 shows.

Ah. Yes.

I guess you mean with the increased content from the eponymous album. Quite right really.

I'll rest with you on this one I think.
  6. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Ah. Yes.

I guess you mean with the increased content from the eponymous album. Quite right really.

I'll rest with you on this one I think.

my point exaclt. Explain to me how 1993-05-10 - Rotterdam was any different than an Outside Broadcast gig on europen soil (apart from the dud with the horns). It is a discussion for elsewhere though. . . .
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

my point exaclt. Explain to me how 1993-05-10 - Rotterdam was any different than an Outside Broadcast gig on europen soil (apart from the dud with the horns). It is a discussion for elsewhere though. . . .

Quite so!

I like the Candle in the Wind snippet myself...
  8. Audio quality definately influences the rating...We all say South Bend is quite good, but it sounds so freakingly good. There might be far much better shows..who knows.
  9. Who's Gonna Rdie Your Wild Horses - 2001-12-02 Miami. Bono's right on key.
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Anyone know a similar Bad like this one in Milan??
  11. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Anyone know a similar Bad like this one in Milan??

not off the top of my head but i'll have a listen later.
  12. I'd say

- Irish heartbeat
    - Walk on the wild side (especially the version of 23-08-1992 Foxboro)
    - When I look at the world