1. On the right there is the UNTOUCHABLE
    RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS by Mr. Bowie
    Best album of all time.IMO

....b.t.w....i don't Know what you mean
  2. Actually the band did not see TUF exhibit at the musuem. They met the director of the musuem at their hotel in May of 1983. She wanted U2 to donate items to the museum. She showed the caltalogs of past exhibits. One of them being TUF. They donated their WAR stage backdrop and their white flag.
  3. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    When it is written about the reinvention period for Achtung Baby it had already happened previously with The Unforgettable Fire. Hearing the album the day it was released and growing up with the band as releases were happening is a time that I won't forget.

I got it on release day too... With huge anticipation. And with the major influence of the new Production team it was a huge depature fur the band that put them on the path to conquering the world. They broke away from their peers at that point and went to another level. They probably took the original fanbase with them, unlike in the 90's (which IMHO was an even bigger/better leap forward)
  4. So since I picked up Sounds of Experience on vinyl a few weeks ago, I’m really going through a U2 phase/blitz. Bought tickets for both Montreal shows in a couple of weeks, it’s basically all I’ve been listening to as well, just can’t get enough. Anyways I’ve been reviewing all the albums for my personal enjoyment to get me acclimated to the song titles and listen to more than just the hits. Today’s review was The Unforgettable Fire and I was pretty disappointed

A Sort of Homecoming - One of the weakest openers in the entire catalogue, very pedestrian track with nothing really standing out at all. **

Pride (In the Name of Love) - Glad its the second track, as it helps you realize the album has potential and shouldn’t be dismissed yet. Perfect U2 rhythm guitar track. ****

Wire - Maybe something that would grow on me, but nothing special in the least. **

The Unforgettable Fire - Starts off almost sinister-like, dark/edgy. The build up to the chorus is by far the best part of the song. Has a very 80’s sound to it, especially in the bridge. Heavily produced number. ***

Promenade - Slowing it down. Bono delivers the initial set of lyrics like Lou Reed. Ends fairly abruptly, you had no idea the song was already over. **

4th of July - A silly instrumental *

Bad - Very good intro, with one continuous build up to the peak of the song. Really works, and by far and away the best song of the album. ****

Indian Summer Sky - It sounds redundant but this entire album is beginning to sound that way. A below average song. **

Elvis Presley and America - Very little guitar...a small/light drum sound which is actually driving the song. Vocals are almost muffled, weird production to this one. **

MLK - A little acapella number that sounds like it could be at the beginning of Joshua Tree, before Where the Streets of No Name begins. **

Really a disappointment album for me. Was expecting so much going in, knowing this was the album before Joshua Tree. You can get the feel that Joshua Tree was the sequel to this, but this was pretty bad. The could have released this as a single with Pride on one side, an 40 on the flip side, and not wasted another half hour for me. Twenty Four stars, divided ten songs equals 2.4 stars from me, making it the weakest in the catalogue by far.
  5. Originally posted by JimmyMac91:So since I picked up Sounds of Experience on vinyl a few weeks ago, I’m really going through a U2 phase/blitz. Bought tickets for both Montreal shows in a couple of weeks, it’s basically all I’ve been listening to as well, just can’t get enough. Anyways I’ve been reviewing all the albums for my personal enjoyment to get me acclimated to the song titles and listen to more than just the hits. Today’s review was The Unforgettable Fire and I was pretty disappointed

A Sort of Homecoming - One of the weakest openers in the entire catalogue, very pedestrian track with nothing really standing out at all. **

Pride (In the Name of Love) - Glad its the second track, as it helps you realize the album has potential and shouldn’t be dismissed yet. Perfect U2 rhythm guitar track. ****

Wire - Maybe something that would grow on me, but nothing special in the least. **

The Unforgettable Fire - Starts off almost sinister-like, dark/edgy. The build up to the chorus is by far the best part of the song. Has a very 80’s sound to it, especially in the bridge. Heavily produced number. ***

Promenade - Slowing it down. Bono delivers the initial set of lyrics like Lou Reed. Ends fairly abruptly, you had no idea the song was already over. **

Bad - Very good intro, with one continuous build up to the peak of the song. Really works, and by far and away the best song of the album. ****

Indian Summer Sky - It sounds redundant but this entire album is beginning to sound that way. A below average song. **

Elvis Presley and America - Very little guitar...a small/light drum sound which is actually driving the song. Vocals are almost muffled, weird production to this one. **

MLK - A little acapella number that sounds like it could be at the beginning of Joshua Tree, before Where the Streets of No Name begins. **

Really a disappointment album for me. Was expecting so much going in, knowing this was the album before Joshua Tree. You can get the feel that Joshua Tree was the sequel to this, but this was pretty bad. The could have released this as a single with Pride on one side, an 40 on the flip side, and not wasted another half hour for me. Twenty Four stars, divided ten songs equals 2.4 stars from me, making it the weakest in the catalogue by far.
    I don't think I can keep reading the review after that ASoH review
  6. Originally posted by JimmyMac91:So since I picked up Sounds of Experience on vinyl a few weeks ago, I’m really going through a U2 phase/blitz. Bought tickets for both Montreal shows in a couple of weeks, it’s basically all I’ve been listening to as well, just can’t get enough. Anyways I’ve been reviewing all the albums for my personal enjoyment to get me acclimated to the song titles and listen to more than just the hits. Today’s review was The Unforgettable Fire and I was pretty disappointed

7. I like the review because it goes to show that not everyone thinks the same.

I agree on several points, actually, but still, this is my favorite album, above Joshua, Achtung or any other.

Oh well...
  8. "A Sort of Homecoming - One of the weakest openers in the entire catalogue" continue to read or die? A: Die
  9. I've always loved this album, a high water mark for artistry and for U2. Me thinks jimmymac needs to give it more time!
  10. I agree with 4th of July actually... I take it he’s heard October, look forward to the review on that one. What do you like better Jimmymac- Sounds of Innocence or Sounds of Experience?
  11. Originally posted by JimmyMac91:So since I picked up Sounds of Experience on vinyl a few weeks ago, I’m really going through a U2 phase/blitz. Bought tickets for both Montreal shows in a couple of weeks, it’s basically all I’ve been listening to as well, just can’t get enough. Anyways I’ve been reviewing all the albums for my personal enjoyment to get me acclimated to the song titles and listen to more than just the hits. Today’s review was The Unforgettable Fire and I was pretty disappointed

I take it you're a rather new fan. If you don't mind me asking: which Unforgettable Fire songs did you know beforehand, before picking the album up and writing this review?