1. Originally posted by polarbearu2:After the Pop episode of U Talking U2 To Me? I started thinking that a lot of U2 albums get better if you get rid of a couple of songs and move the tracklist around a bit. They had a couple of months or weeks to sort out the running order. We’ve had 30 years. So here’s an alternate timeline The Unforgettable Fire.

Mlk
    Pride
    Unforgettable Fire
    Wire
    Indian summer
    Elvis
    Promenade
    Bad
    Sort of homecoming
    Love the Scotts and their alt track listings! This one is solid except I still like ASoH as an opener.
  2. I went and listened to this song again and it's terrible.
    Sounds like some bad jam where they just don't go anywhere

Boomerang II (Vocal) is tons of time better than this and should have taken its place in the album
  3. Bass trap would have been great on it. Why 4th of July makes any appearance at all amazes me. That, Elvis and promenade were written by the band that made October. Think Eno wanted that band. Lanois saved the record from being one long stretch/sketch of mic ramblings.
    Only a thought. Reminds me of passengers OS1 in a way.

4. I'd fuck off very gladly if you accepted that Elvis Presley And America is awful and not worthy of sharing tracklist with Pride, Bad, Wire, ASOH, TUF and Promenade...
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I'd fuck off very gladly if you accepted that Elvis Presley And America is awful and not worthy of sharing tracklist with Pride, Bad, Wire, ASOH, TUF and Promenade...
    It certainly doesn't deserve sharing tracklist with A Sort Of Homecoming.

One is one of their best tracks ever while the other is just a mediocre sort of homecoming.
  6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    It certainly doesn't deserve sharing tracklist with A Sort Of Homecoming.

One is one of their best tracks ever while the other is just a mediocre sort of homecoming.
    I don't know if EPAA can be considered a home to anyone other than a deaf man, but if you want to consider it your homecoming then it's all fine with me
  7. TUF is my favorite U2 album and EPAA is perhaps the weakest track on the album, but it's by no means awful. In fact, there are times when I really get into it. It's got a really cool impressionist vibe to it. The title sucks though. If it had been called like 'Sketches' or some shit we'd all be raving about it like many do about Fez.
  8. Originally posted by aviastar:TUF is my favorite U2 album and EPAA is perhaps the weakest track on the album, but it's by no means awful. In fact, there are times when I really get into it. It's got a really cool impressionist vibe to it. The title sucks though. If it had been called like 'Sketches' or some shit we'd all be raving about it like many do about Fez.
    I really like the song when I hear it but it isn't one I go searching for. One issue I have is the lyrics seem muffled to me a bit.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I'd fuck off very gladly if you accepted that Elvis Presley And America is awful and not worthy of sharing tracklist with Pride, Bad, Wire, ASOH, TUF and Promenade...
    It was said with jest. It wasn't meant as offence. Hope you were not thinking i did mean 'fuck off!'
  10. Haha, yeah, my comment was in jest too. No offense taken at all!