1. Jeremy...man...I'm almost in tears
    I'm really sorry...you know I'm religious, and you will be in my prayers...keep it strong mate, don't let yourself get into stupid thoughts...you'll get through this, and you'll recover completely

Thinking of you my friend
  2. Jeremy , man , hang on there , sure one day you will be fit again , just dont give up and always believe that still there is hope , because that is what will make you get through it.
  3. that's a sad story ....i will pray for your health ....

DON"T GIVE UP DON"T GIVE UP DON"T GIVE UP (peter gabriel)
  4. Try listening to some Bob Marley sweet.

You're going to be fine...feel it in your bones.

Love & Miracles Jeremy.... sending them to you in my prayers.
  5. Mate, that's tragic and I'm very shocked to hear this. You've been great to converse with on the other side of the world and my thoughts will be with you. I'll be praying you're back on your feet real soon. Do you have a decent support base over there to help you through it? Take care mate and let us know of any progress.

I'm not afraid of anything in this world . . .
  6. ....man Jeremy, thats hard to hear.. what a cruel story.. hang in there, and hope that its gonna get better...
    i'm religious so ill say a pray for you
    thumbs up.....

Is it getting better
    Or do you feel the same?
    Will it make it easier on you now?
    You got someone to blame

You say one love, one life
    When it's one need in the night
    One love, we get to share it
    Leaves you baby if you don't care for it

Did I disappoint you?
    Or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
    You act like you never had love
    And you want me to go without

Well it's too late, tonight
    To drag the past out into the light
    We're one, but we're not the same
    We get to carry each other
    Carry each other
    One...

Have you come here for forgiveness?
    Have you come to raise the dead?
    Have you come here to play Jesus?
    To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much, more than a lot?
    You gave me nothing, now it's all I got
    We're one, but we're not the same
    Well we, hurt each other
    Then we do it again

You say
    Love is a temple
    Love a higher law
    Love is a temple
    Love the higher law
    You ask me to enter
    Well then you make me crawl
    And I can't be holding on
    To what you got
    When all you got is hurt

One love
    One blood
    One life
    You got to do what you should
    One life
    With each other
    Sisters
    Brothers
    One life
    But we're not the same
    We get to
    Carry each other
    Carry each other

One... (life)
    One

Baby, baby, baby
    Oh, high
    Oh, high (yeah, yeah yeah)
    Oh, high
    Oh, high

7. Fucking hell man. That is dreadful. I've read that there has been only about 30 reported cases of this thing within the last 15 years. What the fuck. 2 cases per year out of millions of surfers. That is unreal. A lottery win would seem odds on with those stats. Iowa 87 on the way. . .
  8. Originally posted by haytrainHey all....Some of you know that I'm a stickler when it comes to people opening up new topics in the forums, so this was a big deal for me to open this one. Let me explain my situation:

On Monday, we had a national holiday here in the US, and I decided to take a surfing lesson at a local beach. Things went really well, although during one of my rides, I felt some minor back pain when I stood up on my board. I thought "oh, that will give me a backache tomorow" and continued surfing for about 45 minutes. After our lesson, I started feeling pain in my legs, so I headed home. On the drive, my legs went numb and we had to go straight to the hospital. I've been at the hospital ever since, and the doctors have diagnosed me with a very rare problem called surfer's myelopathy. As of now, I have no movement or feeling in my lower torso. I can't walk or stand up, and while there's a chance of recovery, there's a chance it could be permanent as well.

Here's where my 2 requests come in....First, I ask if you're religious, you say a prayer for my health. If you're not religious, I'd still appreciate some good thoughs coming my way. Second, if anyone has any uplifting or good songs (U2 or otherwise) for me to listen to during my days sprawled out on my hospital bed, send them my way. (I've tried to listen to Walk On and Streets from Slane, but I end up in a ball of tears.)

Thanks all!
    Jeremy

Jeremy,
    My dear friend. Shocking news mate!! you really took me with my guard down!!
    I'm catholic, so you'll be in my prayers everynight my friend!!
    I'm confident that God is with you on such difficult times!!!
    I really hope things get better and back to normal in due time...
    all my best wishes and regards,
    you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!!
    Johnny.
  9. Oh, what can I say? I really hope that tomorow would be better for you,
    I'm not religious, but I think of you and I wait news to you,
    Take care o you, and "garde le moral!" !!
  10. I'm sorry to hear that Jeremy. I definitely believe they have some good doctors over there, who will make you better. Don't worry to much, everything is gonna be alright. Listening to ATYCLB will definitely help you to get better. Let us know when you got some results.
    Good Luck

EDIT: Always remember: Lemons are pretty good
  11. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979My prayers and good thoughts are with you.

what he said.

sorry to hear about that, man.
  12. I just had another thought about something that might brighten your day - watch DGPFYCC from ZooTV... (I'm thinking about THAT moment!)

All the best mate