1. I'm so sorry to hear this.hope you'll be ok.you're in my prayers.
  2. You are in my prayers too! Good luck, keep holding on!
  3. Feel quite bad not being religious,

but, hey my best thoughs are with you man

good luck and I hope you get weel very soon

4. Originally posted by haytrainHey all....Some of you know that I'm a stickler when it comes to people opening up new topics in the forums, so this was a big deal for me to open this one. Let me explain my situation:

On Monday, we had a national holiday here in the US, and I decided to take a surfing lesson at a local beach. Things went really well, although during one of my rides, I felt some minor back pain when I stood up on my board. I thought "oh, that will give me a backache tomorow" and continued surfing for about 45 minutes. After our lesson, I started feeling pain in my legs, so I headed home. On the drive, my legs went numb and we had to go straight to the hospital. I've been at the hospital ever since, and the doctors have diagnosed me with a very rare problem called surfer's myelopathy. As of now, I have no movement or feeling in my lower torso. I can't walk or stand up, and while there's a chance of recovery, there's a chance it could be permanent as well.

Here's where my 2 requests come in....First, I ask if you're religious, you say a prayer for my health. If you're not religious, I'd still appreciate some good thoughs coming my way. Second, if anyone has any uplifting or good songs (U2 or otherwise) for me to listen to during my days sprawled out on my hospital bed, send them my way. (I've tried to listen to Walk On and Streets from Slane, but I end up in a ball of tears.)

Thanks all!
    Jeremy

I will pray for you Jeremy. I'm not that all religious, but the only thing I do religiously is pray for those in need. You have my prayers, I hope you regain strength in your legs as soon as possible. Just curious, what is the level of the SCI? My friend who went to Hawaii tried surfing, and also got the problem. He still complains of some pain, and uses a wheelchair and cane to get around. While in the hospital he was told as soon as the swelling went down, he could go back to walking, a 50/50 chance though. I pray that you will be able to walk again, and that it will be a speedy recovery.

As for what to listen to, listen to whatever you love most. I know this may not be as serious, but when some of my close friends graduated this year I couldn't really listen to any music for a while.

I'm singing something on my school's first ever radio thing next Wednesday... I would like to dedicate whatever I will sing to you. I have been getting a lot of requests from my friends, but I know what I will sing now. Once again, I pray that you will be able to walk again, and that it will be a speedy recovery.
  5. Thanks to everyone for their continued support and thoughts. Not too much to update on here....still not a lot of feeling in my legs. The good news is that I'm waiting for a bed to open up on the nurological floor, so that would get me out of the intensive care unit. I had a spinal tap today to check for additional problems (Multiple Sclerosis and anything else). They're saying it looks good. The big thing now is just giving it time. I can't measure success on a day to day level, but more of a week to week progress. It's going to be a long-haul, and I'm really thankful for the thoughts, prayers, and songs to listen to.

"I waited patiently for the Lord
    He inclined and heard my cry"

6. man jeremy sorry ive been gone for a couple a days. I just said a prayer for you. God is on your side bro. We are all thinking and praying for you brother. as for songs, any version of streets live is recomended. Try both slane gigs. like listen to them both. great show emotionally. Much love and peace bro, our prayers our with you-sam

"Those who wait upon the lord shall find new strength" Isaiah 40:31
  7. My goodness Jeremy.... I'm not religious, but my thoughts and best wishes are with you through your recovery.

I'm always lifted by a good version "Yahweh" and anything Ultraviolet (Light My Way) from 93 in Europe works for me.

All the best my friend
  8. very sorry about your problem and pray you get better soon nice hat by the way go mariners are you a fan of them

and like neil young once said KEEP ON Rockin' In the Free World
  9. Man i hope you can recover,i didn´t know how you were Jeremy!!best wishes from Portugal,take care my friend!i´ll say a prayer for you!!!
  10. I'll say a swedish pray for you, man. I hope for your recovery!
  11. Originally posted by haytrainThanks to everyone for their continued support and thoughts. Not too much to update on here....still not a lot of feeling in my legs. The good news is that I'm waiting for a bed to open up on the nurological floor, so that would get me out of the intensive care unit. I had a spinal tap today to check for additional problems (Multiple Sclerosis and anything else). They're saying it looks good. The big thing now is just giving it time. I can't measure success on a day to day level, but more of a week to week progress. It's going to be a long-haul, and I'm really thankful for the thoughts, prayers, and songs to listen to.

"I waited patiently for the Lord
    He inclined and heard my cry"

[image]

That's great news man, we're all thinking of you it's why U2start is the best online community around

I shall be thinking of you when I'm watching Slane tonight - I finally got hold of it!
  12. Hey guy that's dreadful news... I'm fucking sorry to hear that. I'm not very religious, but you've got all my feelings and prayers from 9500 kilometers away!!

Oh, Oh
    Walk on
    Walk on
    What you got, they can't steal it
    No, they can't even feel it
    Walk on
    Walk on
    Stay safe tonight