1. Originally posted by RDB92:The Killers - Live at the Royal Albert Hall - 2008-11-03 (Radio Broadcast)

I've got this from a torrent over at the PirateBay, but the whole concert was uploaded as just one mp3-file, so I've split it into separate tracks. Since the source is the broadcast from BBC Radio 1, the sound quality is of course excellent. However the bit rate is only 128 kb/s . Hopefully a version with a higher bit rate will pop up soon, but for now, this'll have to do.

Setlist:
    01 Human
    02 For Reasons Unknown
    03 Smile Like You Mean It
    04 Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
    05 Somebody Told Me
    06 Sweet Talk
    07 Losing Touch
    08 Spaceman
    09 Sam's Town
    10 Read My Mind
    11 Joyride
    12 Bones
    13 Shadowplay
    14 Mr. Brightside
    15 Neon Tiger
    16 All These Things That I've Done
    17 When You Were Young

Lineage:
    BBC Radio 1 broadcast > Torrent on the Pirate Bay > mp3@128 > Pistons Software's Direct WAV MP3 Splitter > Audacity (Only Human for fade in, Read My Mind for a gap fix and When You Were Young for fade out) > mp3@128

http://www.mediafire.com/?mdbnewztcmj

thanks for posting!
  2. I'm getting Day&Age today, will post first impressions, it comes out 2 days earlier here.

3. So i've listened to Day & Age a couple of times now, and I was initially disappointed, because the best songs from the album are Human and Spaceman, and they're already out.

But it is quite an interesting pop album, sort of a mix between Hot Fuss and Sam's Town, with some world music thrown in.

I don't think much of Losing Touch (it has a good bridge though), or Neon Tiger (which is not really like U2 as the critics suggest). And the closer "Goodnight, Travel Well" is rather boring, as it relys on Flowers often nonsense lyrics (oddly Human probably has the best lyrics of the bunch).

Far more poignant is "A Dustland Fairytale" a Sam's Town outtake, which sounds exactly like its name's suggests. It's the closest the album comes to epic.

Also they seem to have taken some hints from Coldplay as there is a lot of African/Carribean influences and brass (the saxophone on Losing Touch). I quite like the 'world music trio' of Joyride, I Can't Stay, and especially This Is Your Life, which combines tribal chanting with Edge like guitar to mesmerising, atmospheric effect. Fans of Lost! from 'Viva La Vida" will be pleased by these.

So overall I think its an 8/10 album, it doesn't outdo Viva La Vida, and it certainly isn't another Hot Fuss. But it strikes a nice balance between innovative tunes and mainstream hits, and is a fine third album from one of the few decent new acts these days. And being the second best album of 2008 isn't a bad thing.

4. If you ask me, Day & Age is fantastic, album of the year.
  5. how's it goin guys,
    I need to ask a favor. Does anyone know where I can get audio of The Killers most recent Saturday Night Live performance? I have Human but I have no clue where to get Spaceman, thanks everyone
  6. Originally posted by dman8:how's it goin guys,
    I need to ask a favor. Does anyone know where I can get audio of The Killers most recent Saturday Night Live performance? I have Human but I have no clue where to get Spaceman, thanks everyone

Don't know for certain, but I'd imagine there's a Killers site out there somewhere. Try this topic for starters..... http://www.u2start.com/topic/2359/
  7. Originally posted by dman8:how's it goin guys,

It's on YouTube, if that helps at all.
  8. What's everyone's top 5 favourite Killers songs???

Mine is:

1 On Top
    2 Move Away
    3 All The Pretty Faces
    4 Somebody Told Me
    5 Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine

What's everyone else's? Just interested...
  9. I'm a big Killers fan, too...

My top 5:
    1. Bling (Confessions of a King)
    2. All These Things That I've Done
    3. This is Your Life
    4. Read My Mind
    5. When You Were Young

Obviously, you can tell Sam's Town is my favorite album of theirs...
  10. Originally posted by APOED:I'm a big Killers fan, too...

My top 5:
    1. Bling (Confessions of a King)
    2. All These Things That I've Done
    3. This is Your Life
    4. Read My Mind
    5. When You Were Young

Obviously, you can tell Sam's Town is my favorite album of theirs...

yeah bling is class tbh and i do love this is your life
    killers am class
  11. edited djrlewis

double post. again. please take care.