1. I thought the album was awful on first listen. I will give it another chance though.
  2. Bruce Springsteen's "Nebraska" album is almost a pre-requisite for "Pressure Machine. Pressure Machine makes sense as a spiritual sequel to Nebraska.
  3. Terrible Thing is quite the accurate title for that song
  4. I like Terrible Thing a lot haha. Not my fav on the album though. Would go Pressure Machine then Desperate Things. In Another Life and Quiet Town are both stand outs too.
  5. I'm having trouble getting into this album, as opposed to Imploding The Mirage, which grabbed me with the first song. The long spoken word intros detract from the flow and often don't have add anything to the song that follows.

As far as the music itself, it feels like Sam's Town, but with all of the signature Killers elements and production sucked out of it.

However, I like In the Car Outside, In Another Life, Cody, and Pressure Machine. But even now, after just re-listening to the album yesterday, I can't hum any of the songs.

I'm still very much looking forward to seeing them later this month, I just hope they favor Imploding the Mirage over Pressure Machine in the setlist.
  6. Originally posted by ASortOfDesire:I'm having trouble getting into this album, as opposed to Imploding The Mirage, which grabbed me with the first song. The long spoken word intros detract from the flow and often don't have add anything to the song that follows.

As far as the music itself, it feels like Sam's Town, but with all of the signature Killers elements and production sucked out of it.

However, I like In the Car Outside, In Another Life, Cody, and Pressure Machine. But even now, after just re-listening to the album yesterday, I can't hum any of the songs.

I'm still very much looking forward to seeing them later this month, I just hope they favor Imploding the Mirage over Pressure Machine in the setlist.
    There is a version of the album on the streaming services without the spoken parts
  7. Yeah I listened to it all once with the spoken parts and then downloaded the Abridged versions on Apple Music. It’s a cool idea, but if you are on shuffle it doesn’t flow as well haha.
  8. This is my main complaint too, none of the songs "grab" you enough for you to hum them afterwards. It's a bit like elevator rock(-ish) music.
  9. My killers playlist

Wonderful wonderful
    Spaceman
    Somebody told me
    Caution
    Human
    Smile Like You Mean It
    The Way It Was
    Shot At The Night
    Life To Come
    Losing Touch
    Some Kind Of Love
    Tyson Vs Douglas
    Shadowplay
    Move Away
    (Sams Town Album in its entirety)
    Runaways
    All These Things That I’ve Done
    This Is Your Life
    Change Your Mind
    Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
    Mr Brightside
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:My killers playlist

Wonderful wonderful
    Spaceman
    Somebody told me
    Caution
    Human
    Smile Like You Mean It
    The Way It Was
    Shot At The Night
    Life To Come
    Losing Touch
    Some Kind Of Love
    Tyson Vs Douglas
    Shadowplay
    Move Away
    (Sams Town Album in its entirety)
    Runaways
    All These Things That I’ve Done
    This Is Your Life
    Change Your Mind
    Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
    Mr Brightside
    Nice!

My Killers playlist:

A Dustland Fairytale
    (Hot Fuss in its entirety)
    Under The Gun
    Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll
    Where Is She
    Miss Atomic Bomb
    (Sam's Town in its entirety)
    Romeo And Juliet
    Runaways
    Forget About What I Said
    Battle Born
    Sam's Town (Abbey Road Version)
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Nice!

My Killers playlist:

A Dustland Fairytale
    (Hot Fuss in its entirety)
    Under The Gun
    Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll
    Where Is She
    Miss Atomic Bomb
    (Sam's Town in its entirety)
    Romeo And Juliet
    Runaways
    Forget About What I Said
    Battle Born
    Sam's Town (Abbey Road Version)
    Slightly different tastes but I’d still enjoy that playlist from beginning to end. Nice to see sams town in its entirety in your playlist as well. Not as big a fan of day and age?