1. I bought the album yesterday, I just finished listing to it ... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, my Kovalev !

It simply blowed me away ! I already had half of the songs on my Ipod, but wow, songs like discotheque and Gone sounded much, much better, and I wasnt expecting a so good qualitie of songs, i never hear of ''do you feel love, and I never had listen to mofo ... but WOW, im a pop fan know

2. Originally posted by MartyI bought the album yesterday, I just finished listing to it ... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, my Kovalev !

It simply blowed me away ! I already had half of the songs on my Ipod, but wow, songs like discotheque and Gone sounded much, much better, and I wasnt expecting a so good qualitie of songs, i never hear of ''do you feel love, and I never had listen to mofo ... but WOW, im a pop fan know

You'd never heard Mofo before? First listen years ago it became my absolute favorite over the Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, All That You Can't Leave Behind and How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb combined - and kicks all their arses. You'll like Please as well - a perfect song and even better because of the rawness and roughness alongside Miami and Do You Feel Loved.
  3. Do You Feel Loved is the best song of the album
  4. I even designed some alternate artwork for those interested.

It looks decent but nothing breathtaking, from the Nuremburg 1997-08-18 bootleg and the original Pop cover.

5. Originally posted by MartyI Gone sounded much, much better

Have you heard the Mike Hedges version from best of 1990-2000? That one IMO, puts the album version to shame. Thats just me though.

As for Pop, it is an awesome album. Discothèque is always awesome, no matter what version. Do You Feel Loved is another great tune. Mofo is a beast. If God Will Send His Angels is another great one. Staring at the Sun is a legend. Then there's Last Night On Earth, probably one of the best songs off the album, and very underrated. Miami, is well, Miami. It's Miami being Miami. The Playboy Mansion is alright, one the numbers on the album that doesn't go anywhere. If You Wear That Velvet Dress, like If God WIll Send His Angels, is also a great number. Maybe not the brightest star on the album, but it shines. Please is absolutely great. Same goes for Wake Up Dead Man.

My favs, from the album:

Last Night On Earth
    Mofo
    Discothèque
    Gone
    Staring at the Sun
    Please
    Do You Feel Loved
    Wake Up Dead Man
    If God Will Send His Angels
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    Miami
    The Playboy Mansion

*note: Gone (Mike Hedges Mix) replaces the original album mix, Gone would be the 2nd best song on the list
  6. And to think the band has no love for it. It's infinite times more innovative than the last two records, and the three records before it. And that's a fact.
  7. Well I love it
  8. Originally posted by MartyWell I love it

Great to see there's another Pop fan. Only maybe five or six records from the last 50 years can compare for innovation.
  9. Pop's a great album, but not like Achtung Baby or Zooropa. Too many of the songs I don't even listen to the album versions of, but either the single or Mike Hedges versions.
  10. Marty I wish I'm on your position...when I discovered Pop I was blown away, just like you.
  11. Originally posted by digitizePop's a great album, but not like Achtung Baby or Zooropa. Too many of the songs I don't even listen to the album versions of, but either the single or Mike Hedges versions.

Same way with me, except Last Night On Earth is just awesome.
  12. Pop is a fantastic album. Glad you got the chance to listen to it! Do You Feel Loved and Velvet Dress--