8. Staring At the Sun
    7. Do You Feel Loved
    6. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    5. If God Will Send His Angels
    4. Please
    3. Mofo
    2. Wake Up Dead Man
    1. Discothèque

That’s just my personal preference- Please and Mofo are hands down the “greatest” songs on Pop. Ranking was difficult - I absolutely love all 12, and really 9-6 and 4-1 could be in pretty much any order and I’d be happy with it.
  3. 12. Miami
    11. The Playboy Mansion
    10. Gone
    9. Last Night On Earth
    8. Staring At the Sun
    7. Do You Feel Loved
    6. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    5. If God Will Send His Angels
    4. Please
    3. Mofo
    2. Wake Up Dead Man
    1. Discothèque

That’s just my personal preference- Please and Mofo are hands down the “greatest” songs on Pop. Ranking was difficult - I absolutely love all 12, and really 9-6 and 4-1 could be in pretty much any order and I’d be happy with it.

4. Well I never.... read these lyrics inside and out in March 1997 but only just noticed this whilst chilling listening to POP on vinyl... this lyric in LNOE.
  5. Originally posted by zooropa93:[image]
    Well I never.... read these lyrics inside and out in March 1997 but only just noticed this whilst chilling listening to POP on vinyl... this lyric in LNOE.
    Pop’s got a couple of differences between the booklet and the actual lyrics, kind of intriguing. Maybe I should go back and check for others...
  6. I always remember the Love’s a Bully in Do You Feel being wrong
  7. Even In the inner sheet of Joshua tree the lyrics of WOWY are wrong
  8. It was more about only discovering this 22 years later.
  9. I wonder if the LNOE lyrical difference has to do with the fact that they worked on it up until the last minute, and made that change.
  10. Originally posted by thefly108:I wonder if the LNOE lyrical difference has to do with the fact that they worked on it up until the last minute, and made that change.
    I think this would be the most likely answer
  11. POP seems to be most fans favourite album post Achtung Baby/Zooropa it gets the most positive feedback where as most fans are divided on how good everything they did post 2000 is ,the rejection of POP by the critics and fanbase in the US really hit them hard and caused them to retreat into a more straight forward U2 sound it was unfortunate that commercial viability was more important to them than artistic.
  12. Originally posted by popmarter:POP seems to be most fans favourite album post Achtung Baby/Zooropa it gets the most positive feedback where as most fans are divided on how good everything they did post 2000 is ,the rejection of POP by the critics and fanbase in the US really hit them hard and caused them to retreat into a more straight forward U2 sound it was unfortunate that commercial viability was more important to them than artistic.
    I suppose there are many factors that contribute to their feelings towards Pop. At the same time, they do seem to contradict themselves sometimes, like Bono mentioning that Pop is indeed "a great album", or that Popmart in Mexico was "the best thing they've ever done."

As regards fans, maybe most hardcore ones like us love the record, while others still think is crap. I remember listening to some podcasters a few weeks ago, and they talked about like it was the worst thing the band has put out, which baffles me, to be honest.

It's a shame they haven't played some of the songs again, they were monsters live: MOFO, LNOE, Gone, Discotheque, Please. Too good to be shelved IMO.