1. I'm actually one of the few who like 'Miami', mainly to how it evolved live. One of their strangest tunes, I just think it's more a soundscape than an actual song.

2. Originally posted by EthanD:Do people still put "U2 wrote Miami" in Youtube comments? It's not even their worst song!
    Sadly, I think any Pop representation on future tours will be limited to acoustic SATS.
  3. Rocking my Bono Man shirt today.
  4. Originally posted by EridescoFly:I'm actually one of the few who like 'Miami', mainly to how it evolved live. One of their strangest tunes, I just think it's more a soundscape than an actual song.
    Live Miami is awesome

5. For me POP is one of the best 3 U2 albums (+AB + JT). A POP anniversary tour would be totally awsome. With the original stage replica, just probably with a higher resolution screen. Or not even that, the stage would still be perfect the way it was. It would be even better if they didn't wait for the 30-year mark, 25 is very much okay too. But first the Achtung Baby tour I usually don't like useless speculations, but couldn't resist this time. I like POP too much
  6. Been listening to a lot of early POPMART again lately... it’s great, so raw and yes they do sound under rehearsed but Vegas is a true live representation of POP I recks before the songs got too polished.
  7. Velvet Dress live is superb.
  8. Exactly, apart from the obvious Staring restart, the POP songs actually sound great on Vegas. The band also still had that cool late 96 early 97 badass POP era vibe going on.
  9. It is is such a heavy album...I love big chunks of it...
    GONE is a much underrated fav of mine. Very good on the ATYCLB Tour
    MOFO I love on the album but don't think it really reached the same sonic heights live (stadium sound then not so great),
    DISCOTHEQUE is off the scale.
    Staring at the Sun, I love the acoustic live versions 'left it in the Duty Free at Schipol' !
    PLEASE and it's transition to STREETS is one of the best

The problem is that U2 don't like POP!
  10. I will always remember going to Popmart in Lisbon , had to buy tickets at a bank which was a bit bizarre, we had average seats but my Mrs wanted to be near the stage so she used her charm to get us in there . Great show , great memories
  11. Originally posted by Edi:It is is such a heavy album...I love big chunks of it...
    GONE is a much underrated fav of mine. Very good on the ATYCLB Tour
    MOFO I love on the album but don't think it really reached the same sonic heights live (stadium sound then not so great),
    DISCOTHEQUE is off the scale.
    Staring at the Sun, I love the acoustic live versions 'left it in the Duty Free at Schipol' !
    PLEASE and it's transition to STREETS is one of the best

The problem is that U2 don't like POP!
    They eventually turned Mofo into a more direct and shorter song to suit a live setting, if anyone listens to the first few Popmart shows up to New York you can hear them evolving the arrangement and trying out different ideas, some better than others. This is my favourite early version...