1. Hey friends

Pop is one of the greatest album U2 ever done.

My favoriete song is "gone"

If I listen this fantastic song, i can cry everytime It´s a very beautiful song

But, i think it´s a song for the next Tour

What do you think???

Greetz ManU
  2. Originally posted by easports43This may be blasphemy, but right now I think I like Pop more than AB.

what?what?what?
  3. Discotheque was great live, but I think it will be played only once or twice next tour. Maybe not even at all. Could Mofo be the next encore opener as Zoo Station was? Staring at the Sun should be played again, its a great song. Shame it might not get played. If anything it should alternate with Stay for an acoustic section. They might play Gone, but the chances are small. Especially after Edge said "they killed it". Please could make a comeback, and I don't mind having another Please >>>> Streets lead in. That would be awesome. Then again, I think COBL might have that job for next tour.

Oh, and they won't play Last Night On Earth again, unless by some miracle they find out its my fav song on the album.

For me Pop is my #3 fav album. If Gone's album version was replaced with the Mike Hedges Mix, drop Miami and The Playboy Mansion, then add in Miss Sarajevo and Holy Joe (Garage Mix) this album would be #3 still, but a serious contender with The Joshua Tree (it does have my fav song ever Still Havent Found).
  4. It's great to hear how many fans there are of Pop. I couldn't understand it when it first came out, then I listened to it about 2 years ago and now it's my second favorite album, after Zooropa. Mofo is simply brilliant and sounds fresh and new every time.

My favorite songs:
    Mofo
    Please
    Do You Feel Loved
    Wake Up Dead Man
    Miami
  5. Originally posted by electricalstormlarryIt's great to hear how many fans there are of Pop. I couldn't understand it when it first came out, then I listened to it about 2 years ago and now it's my second favorite album, after Zooropa. Mofo is simply brilliant and sounds fresh and new every time.

My favorite songs:
    Mofo
    Please
    Do You Feel Loved
    Wake Up Dead Man
    Miami

Edge talked about "Last Night On Earth" in U2 by U2. I don't remember the exact words but something to the effect that it's a good song but not like it's Pride, NYD, SBS, Streets...

That said, I thought they'd NEVER play "An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart" again... much less "The Ocean". And sure enough... they did on Vertigo.

Now if the new album is a bit more 'new' and 'progressive' as has been reported by the few that have been invited into the studio to hear tunes have said... that would lend the setlist to include some of the more eclectic sounding AB throu Pop tunes to be included in the setlists (ie: Mofo, Zooropa, Last Night On Earth. Acrobat (finally, hey... it COULD happen!)
  6. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Edge talked about "Last Night On Earth" in U2 by U2. I don't remember the exact words but something to the effect that it's a good song but not like it's Pride, NYD, SBS, Streets...

That said, I thought they'd NEVER play "An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart" again... much less "The Ocean". And sure enough... they did on Vertigo.

Now if the new album is a bit more 'new' and 'progressive' as has been reported by the few that have been invited into the studio to hear tunes have said... that would lend the setlist to include some of the more eclectic sounding AB throu Pop tunes to be included in the setlists (ie: Mofo, Zooropa, Last Night On Earth. Acrobat (finally, hey... it COULD happen!)

Yes, I would love to hear Last Night On Earth played on the next tour. Never say never, right?
  7. Originally posted by germcevoylistened to Pop again the other night and as it ended I put it straight back on. Fantastic. Miami is still the weak link but Playboy Mansion is bearable.

Playboy Mansion is immense
  8. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Yes, I would love to hear Last Night On Earth played on the next tour. Never say never, right?

I'd prefer 'If God Will Send His Angels' and 'Do You Feel Loved'.

but all three wouldn't go amiss.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post.
  9. *whispers* Okay guys, listen up. I'm working on a top-secret POP-project. I need your help. Don't tell anyone.

10. Originally posted by U2Nick:*whispers* Okay guys, listen up. I'm working on a top-secret POP-project. I need your help. Don't tell anyone.

Have the band hired you to re-work it?

*whispers* glad to help with anything related to Pop!

11. Sorta/kinda Really, its the people who have

*whispers............. this is stupid lol speaks, in a regular voice* Okay, I have to decide on a song from the Pop era, B-side or whatever, to replace "Playboy Mansion". As of now, I have a YT rip of Holy Joe lol I do have a lot of the b-sides, etc. and anything I don't have I can probably get. Is this beginning to sound like we're the Mafia, or something lol?
  12. Originally posted by U2Nick:[..]

Sorta/kinda Really, its the people who have

*whispers............. this is stupid lol speaks, in a regular voice* Okay, I have to decide on a song from the Pop era, B-side or whatever, to replace "Playboy Mansion". As of now, I have a YT rip of Holy Joe lol I do have a lot of the b-sides, etc. and anything I don't have I can probably get. Is this beginning to sound like we're the Mafia, or something lol?

My vote goes for Holy Joe. Good choice. The Garage mix, not the Guilty mix.