1. Finally bought my very own infinite guitar. The Fernandes actually sounds awesome. Super fun to play
  2. Bought my first guitar today!! Just a cheap one, because I'm really just starting Any experienced players got some tips for where to look for tutorials or something like that?
  3. YouTube
  4. Originally posted by bartajax:Bought my first guitar today!! Just a cheap one, because I'm really just starting Any experienced players got some tips for where to look for tutorials or something like that?
    Congrats. I’m a beginner I’ve only played for about a year and a half. I will say that Tom Petty songs are brilliant for beginners. There’s so many incredible videos on you tube as well.
  5. There are apps you can download too. Yousician is a good one.
  6. Get yourself a good effects box you can sound like a pro even with a cheap guitar!
    I bought my used Washburn guitar $20 and $5 bucks for used Fender Amp at Yard sale !
    I use a line 6 M5 Effects stompbox pedal !!! (around $150 on Amazon)

7. Yeah, been playing with that one! A shame it's only free for 30 minutes a day

Thanks guys!
  8. Originally posted by bartajax:Bought my first guitar today!! Just a cheap one, because I'm really just starting Any experienced players got some tips for where to look for tutorials or something like that?
    Wow, congrats Welcome to the club.

Is it an electric, acoustic or Spanish guitar? Method and way of learning changes a lot between the 3.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wow, congrats Welcome to the club.

Is it an electric, acoustic or Spanish guitar? Method and way of learning changes a lot between the 3.
    It's an acoustic guitar.
  10. I think it’s best staring on an acoustic. The strings are thicker and open chords sounds better on it imo. I’d get comfortable on that for 6-12 months before you get an electric. Sergio (likeasong) is an incredible player, I’m sure he’ll have some great advice for you
  11. Great, that's the second best way to start The best one, in my humble opinion, is a classic guitar. Its neck is wider and therefore it's harder to play, so once you master it, switching to acoustic and electric is a child's game. Nevertheless, an acoustic is fantastic to start with - and the funniest to play at parties, etc. So congrats

First thing you have to do is learn how to play complicated chord progressions tune your guitar - and most important, to tell when your guitar is out of tune. I don't know how many online tutorials would tell you this, but from my personal experience it's the most important part. I have seen MANY friends of mine quitting guitar (and violin) because the instrument wasn't properly tuned, which ended in frustrating practice sessions (and angry relatives/neighbors ). If your guitar is perfectly tuned at all times then you'll be in a constant ascending progression (this is a bit of a musical joke). First time you try to play a riff or a chord it will be a disaster. The second time it will be a disaster too, but a smaller one. And if your guitar is perfectly tuned, the third time you'll hear a perfectly tuned and resonating chord that will make you proud.

@MoFoNYR15 you humble me, Nick! I'm in no way an "incredible player" or anything like that. I just know my chords and have a good ear, that's all. I'm no shredder and I can't put the amount of time required to nail certain guitar tones. I prefer to have fun belting out some known songs and mixing them up (I'm a medley guy, that much I can swear!).
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Great, that's the second best way to start The best one, in my humble opinion, is a classic guitar. Its neck is wider and therefore it's harder to play, so once you master it, switching to acoustic and electric is a child's game. Nevertheless, an acoustic is fantastic to start with - and the funniest to play at parties, etc. So congrats

First thing you have to do is learn how to play complicated chord progressions tune your guitar - and most important, to tell when your guitar is out of tune. I don't know how many online tutorials would tell you this, but from my personal experience it's the most important part. I have seen MANY friends of mine quitting guitar (and violin) because the instrument wasn't properly tuned, which ended in frustrating practice sessions (and angry relatives/neighbors ). If your guitar is perfectly tuned at all times then you'll be in a constant ascending progression (this is a bit of a musical joke). First time you try to play a riff or a chord it will be a disaster. The second time it will be a disaster too, but a smaller one. And if your guitar is perfectly tuned, the third time you'll hear a perfectly tuned and resonating chord that will make you proud.

@MoFoNYR15 you humble me, Nick! I'm in no way an "incredible player" or anything like that. I just know my chords and have a good ear, that's all. I'm no shredder and I can't put the amount of time required to nail certain guitar tones. I prefer to have fun belting out some known songs and mixing them up (I'm a medley guy, that much I can swear!).
    Thanks I've been playing around with some tuning apps to get the perfect sound. Think I got that now. Now I'm using that Yousician app and some YouTube vids to get me started It's fun to do!