1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    "Plus, a who's who of guitarists — from Tom Morello to Joe Bonamassa to John Petrucci to Scott Holiday — discuss the many ways the Edge has influenced their playing and tone over the decades."

Wow that's something I'm really looking forward to. And also the October VS Achtung Baby comparison from a guitar point of view, wow.
    Maybe a promotional tie-in with AB30?
  2. How the Edge changed the sound of guitar playing forever: 17 guitarists share their favorite U2 moments

The likes of Tom Morello, Joe Bonamassa and Satchel still can’t find what they're looking for, but they know why the Edge rules, and just how he's shaped the sound of modern guitar

https://bit.ly/33TyUp7
  3. Originally posted by miryclay:How the Edge changed the sound of guitar playing forever: 17 guitarists share their favorite U2 moments

The likes of Tom Morello, Joe Bonamassa and Satchel still can’t find what they're looking for, but they know why the Edge rules, and just how he's shaped the sound of modern guitar

https://bit.ly/33TyUp7
    I've edited your post to reflect what it's about, ok?

That's a wonderful article
  4. It's gotten a bit out of hand again

5. Nice collection
    What Is that grey Les Paul? And the blue one Is HB or PRS original?
  6. That grey Les Paul looks like a Fender-made Jackson. Do you have a case of GAS?

7. QUESTION: can anyone provide the story about this guitar? I believe it appeared on the 2011 N.A leg. Was it only used on The Fly? Or replaced the Irish Falcon Gretsch on any songs? I seem to recall there was a story at the time about a deal with Fender, or Fender was taking over Gretsch at the time, or it was painted the same color to look like the Gretsch? Surely some of the guitar experts on here know all the details...
  8. Yeah, only used for The Fly. It’s an Irish green Gretsch Telecaster. Other than that, not sure of any other tidbits about it
  9. Thanks It's a proper PRS, you can see it here.

Indeed, it's a Jackson Monarkh JS22. It looks grey in the photo but it's actually satin black. I like it a lot, really light and super ergonomic.

10. Originally posted by marik:[image]
    QUESTION: can anyone provide the story about this guitar? I believe it appeared on the 2011 N.A leg. Was it only used on The Fly? Or replaced the Irish Falcon Gretsch on any songs? I seem to recall there was a story at the time about a deal with Fender, or Fender was taking over Gretsch at the time, or it was painted the same color to look like the Gretsch? Surely some of the guitar experts on here know all the details...
    Well, Fender actually bought Gretsch in 2002 haha.

It's a custom Tele built Fender's senior master builder Paul Waller (not to be mistaken with Paul Weller lol). Apparently Dallas spoke to him about a design idea he had in mind for Bono, and Paul happened to have this design already in his portfolio.

You can read about the whole thing here and also here (courtesy of @anstratdubh1979 with first had info) and here with first hand info from BonoComet. Bono got the guitar right before the Anaheim gigs and used it for the remaining of 360's last leg.
  11. I remember when they gave Bono the guitar above he feigned interest but you could tell his mind was other places.