1. Originally posted by MattG:I just feel like going true humbucker removes all hope of the edge sound, whereas at least a P90 is a single coil pickup dolled up to look like a ‘bucker
    You really feel so? To me P90s are further away from singles than from buckers. They're like the softer, brighter siblings of humbuckers to me - but are nothing but distant cousins of single coils.

(Regardless of their construction which indeed is closer to a single coil!)

As for your other question, single coils "dressed up" as humbuckers do exist but they're a bit weird looking and I honestly don't know how much of true U2 tone there's in them. Take a look (clickable images):

I had a bandmate who rocked these Twangmasters ↑ mounted in a Telecaster and they sounded pretty killer.

And, if everything else fails, you can always mount an adapter ring and place in your single coil of choice... (Half) kidding there!

2. Originally posted by TheOcean81:[..]
    I’m sure you’re better than most on guitar - you’ve got to have a certain level of skill to know about all this tone stuff I’ve been asking you. You’ve still got a sick collection Sergio
    Yeah the collection is impressive - if only my playing was too! Haha.

I've pulled the plug on two new acquisitions yesterday: a thinline Tele which I've craved for since years ago (this particular one is a Revelation RFT-DLX in honeyburst, a true ), and an Epiphone Wildkat. I used to have a Wildkat some years back, but I went through a rough economic phase and I had to sell it - also it went out of tune too easily and that drives me nuts, so I haven't missed it just yet. But I saw one going for 150€ which is a bargain, and I just had to.

So these 2 will arrive in the next couple of days

3. I recall this being asked before, but;

It that Walk On music video (London version, newly remastered) the only time Edge has used an Orange brand amp? So weird to see it. Any other evidence of him using it?
  4. I saw this week too.
  5. Originally posted by marik:I recall this being asked before, but;

It that Walk On music video (London version, newly remastered) the only time Edge has used an Orange brand amp? So weird to see it. Any other evidence of him using it?
    No, this must’ve been for aesthetic for the video. At least live im pretty sure he’s always typically used Vox and Fender Amps
  6. It may have been the only one on site
  7. If you only have one amp, let it be an Orange

8. You just told The Edge, owner of this Vox AC30, to use another amp. Think about that for a second.
  9. I just spoke to my lawyers, we are asking you to take your things and please leave this thread.
  10. I was speaking in general If you only have one amp and need to do everything with it, you're better served with a vintage Orange than with anything else. The AC30 is obviously great but doesn't quite cut it when it comes to really heavy stuff. An Orange can handle it all.
  11. He has his Fender Signature amp now.