1. Nothing some WD-40 and a Q Tip can't fix.
  2. A great little sustainer if you don't own one of the three prototype copies of Michael Brook's Infinite Sustain:

Perfect for WOWY
  3. There's a myriad of sustain solutions. This is basically a cheap E-bow, which I celebrate... but could have been released a few months ago before I got my ebow, haha.
  4. Excellent read even if it's 35 (!!!) years old This particular paragraph I really enjoyed:

Andy Summers was another player who developed pared-down chords around that time. He told me he made a conscious effort to not use the "corny" third in a chord, to get something cleaner-sounding, that he would throw in ninths as a flourish.

Ninths are good, yes, fifths are good, sixths and sevenths. Thirds? Well, I don’t avoid them necessarily, but I just don’t like them very much. Also, because we work with a tempered tuning, the actual major third harmony is sharp. That’s something I didn’t know for a long time, and that’s why when heavy metal guitarists are doing a crash chord, they’ll tune the third string flat. It’s because the maths of tempered tuning works out so that major thirds are sharp.

What I tend to do is leave out any thirds altogether in my chords. I tend to just play fifths and root stuff. So in an E chord, I’d play Es and Bs, in a sort of 12-string way. Same with my small stripped-down chords, they tend to be octave, root, and then a fifth in between, three strings. It tends to be ambiguous, too: it means that it can be major or minor, which is an advantage. It also means that it’s fast—three fingers are quick to move about. Not a big consideration, though, because generally it’s all about the sound.
  5. do we know the riff at 4:25? is it a demo of a SOE song that I can't seem to figure out? and from 4:44 is that still an unknown song?
  6. There's been quite some talk about those, yes. The latter one is rumoured to be Tightrope, noe of the songs that have been floating around for a while.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    There's been quite some talk about those, yes. The latter one is rumoured to be Tightrope, noe of the songs that have been floating around for a while.
    oh okay, thanks. sounds cool.
  8. Well according to popmarter it's all Brian Eno's and Daniel Lanois' merit !!!!!

Originally posted by LikeASong:So I think we can all agree that no other band has done what U2 did in 1991: releasing a groundbreaking, state-of-the-art album that broke with their 15 year career at their popularity peak, an album that still managed to give them new heights of critical&fan popularity and also crystallised in a critically acclaimed tour that's still recognised as one of the best music tours in history. Unique.