1. So, this NG song is pretty repetitive, and its bold and it's a bit poppy. I like it, but its comparable to what we've heard from U2. So why do you like this and detest the new U2 stuff?
  2. I like that the Noel stuff isn’t immediately recognisable as Oasis. Liam’s stuff is very Oasis/Beatles. Promising stuff.
  3. How does that new Liam stuff sound? Can't stand the fucker, but Paper Crown and For What its Worth sound pretty good to me.
  4. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

So, this NG song is pretty repetitive, and its bold and it's a bit poppy. I like it, but its comparable to what we've heard from U2. So why do you like this and detest the new U2 stuff?
    I’m genuinly puzzled as to how Noel’s new song is receiving a generally more positive response on a u2 fan page than say the best thing which for me is a decent u2 song nothing more, nothing less, but better than this new song of Noel’s which sounds horrendous. I still think the album will feature some good songs but not this new one.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I’m genuinly puzzled as to how Noel’s new song is receiving a generally more positive response on a u2 fan page than say the best thing which for me is a decent u2 song nothing more, nothing less, but better than this new song of Noel’s which sounds horrendous. I still think the album will feature some good songs but not this new one.
    I guess it helps that we aren’t that heavily invested in BG than we are with U2 so don’t need to dissect every little detail.
  6. This Noel track is far better then The Best Thing, even if it does have shades of Ricky Martin.
  7. I disagree but we’ve all got our own tastes, I just honestly can’t see what there is to like about this song. Glad he’s got a new album on the way though there’s bound to be some crackers on there.
  8. How it came about was, one of the first sessions we did, the hook line, the tin whistle thing that is like one of the most catchiest things in the world, is a sample from a track by a brilliantly titled band from the 70s called The Ice Cream, and a track called Chewing Gum Kid, don’t try and Google it, it’s beyond obscure, you’ll never find it… So, we listened to that track, and he said, “D'you like this?” And I was like, ‘Wow! Why have I never heard that before?’ So, we sampled that bit, and the thing, dee, do, do, do… that just went round and round. I worked out the chords, did a bit of jamming on it and we put a drum machine on it…

9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I disagree but we’ve all got our own tastes, I just honestly can’t see what there is to like about this song. Glad he’s got a new album on the way though there’s bound to be some crackers on there.
    I'm somewhere in the middle, I guess. Definitely catchy and might grow on me as a fun song, but now I can't stop hearing She Bangs and it's bothering me, despite the merits of the song...

For some reason it also reminds me of "Mucky Fingers" off of Don't Believe the Truth...which is not one of Noel's finer moments as a songwriter or singer, in my opinion. Hoping for better stuff from the new album. Experimenting is obviously good but I'd like more epic, haunting kind of stuff (Everybody's on the Run, If I Had a Gun, Death of You and Me, Riverman, In the Heat..., Ballad of Mighty I all come to mind as favorites here.)
  10. Originally posted by dieder:How does that new Liam stuff sound? Can't stand the fucker, but Paper Crown and For What its Worth sound pretty good to me.
    It's a pretty good album, even though I don't really like the first song and single. Not as good and cohesive as Noel's first two HFB's albums. But that'd be setting the bar really high. And perhaps it is like comparing apples and pears. They're really going different ways now. Noel's absence still looms large, but the songs are all pretty good and Liam sings really well. No Beady Eye nonsense.
  11. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

So, this NG song is pretty repetitive, and its bold and it's a bit poppy. I like it, but its comparable to what we've heard from U2. So why do you like this and detest the new U2 stuff?
    I think it's because it doesn't sound forced
  12. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

I could list a number of reasons of why and how Noel Gallagher would never compare to U2 in my personal records but I don't think that's neccesary. Let's just say that my standards for liking or disliking a U2 song -and therefore my expectations- aren't the same as for any other band in the world.