1. Is there any Oasis fan(s) connected right now?
    I have a question
  2. What the question?
  3. After a bootleg.
  4. Suspense is killing me.
  5. But anyway, spent £30 on Liam Gallagher MTV Unplugged Splatter Vinyl earlier. Out June 12th.
  6. I think its been delayed once already and this is the new release date. His online shop says they're delivering like normal now anyway. Was also going to go to his Heaton Park (although I didn't have a ticket) but now that's obviously been cancelled.
  7. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    I think its been delayed once already and this is the new release date. His online shop says they're delivering like normal now anyway. Was also going to go to his Heaton Park (although I didn't have a ticket) but now that's obviously been cancelled.
    Get yourself up to TRNSMT next year hes doing that again. Should easily get a ticket
  8. During COVID i took some time out to take a deep dive thru other bands back catalogues, and one of those bands was O A S I S!

I am so sorry i never took them seriously at the time they were together for from 1993 - 2009 ( both pre 2000 and post 2000 band members ).

At the time i was in a world that pretty much only had ears for U2. For some reason in my circle of friends you were either a U2 fan or an O A S I S fan and don't dare be a fan of both!

I also had an opinion that Liam was cock-nob - i wasn't the only one on that point lol - and that the band merely recycled or copied the Beatles body of work.

I did NOT get the hype what so ever.

BOY was i wrong!

I actually get O A S I S now. Better late than never they say!

God bless YouTube as there is a huge treasure trove of O A S I S's work, both good and bad. Sometimes the bad was almost as good as the good ( Old Wembley Stadium 2nd Night - Liams Rants - read further for more detail )!

I get that yeah, Liam and Noel both have their heads stuck up their own asses at times, but for the most part i believe this behaviour was at the time a means to an end and as we Aussies like to say they were 'taking the piss'! In the days before Social Media had made its dubious mark on the world, the media in general had to hunt or fish for a decent headline and Liam in particular was a walking talking one! Uncensored no less! Asked for his opinion on rang of topics from the mundane like 'what does he think of Robbie Williams' to more serious issues such as the bands famous rock and roll lifestyle of excess to the constant and simmering tension between himself and Noel and you had your headline!

Liam also made some questionable choices in life which in themselves were a headline, like turning up for a TELEVISED concert in-front of 80,000 diehard fans at a soon to be demolished OLD Wembley Stadium just an hour before showtime, pissed out of his mind after an all night bender with a member of the SpiceGirls, walked on stage gave the crowd the two finger V or 'up urs' salute with both hands and proceeded to announce to the jubilant crowd "if u think i am happy to be here you are fookin trippin" Noel hearing this clearly embarrassed steps up to his mic and counters Liam's rant with a zen like "i just want to say peace and love to everyone and thank you for turning up" rather ironically this typified O A S I S in one moment and ensured the gig would go down in infamy ( side note Liam never drank the night before a gig ever again ).

With Liam you got was what you saw, there was no savy ponytailed PR person standing to one side of the interviewer vetting questions ... nope, what you got was a dose of refreshingly honest opinions, profanities thrown in for free!

If u take notice of Liams Social Media accounts and various recent interviews, he openly regrets and is apologetic for many of the dumb things he either said about another celebrity or for his more boorish behaviour.

The Beatles comparison was lame , tell me a band that wasn't ( still isn't ) heavily influenced by them.

I also don't prescribe to the theory that O A S I S was just Noel, Liam was just as important!

in-fact they were a dyad (two that became one)!

They're harmonies for instance complemented each other perfectly.

Speaking of harmony! Liam made his own bed with my next observation. Liam would often sit out the important live gigs being televised thinking he was bigger than the band and used to heckle Noel from the side stage yet Noel stood tall every time. Sure towards the end of the band Noel started to throw his weight around and started to perform more and more as lead vocal but lets be honest with that, Liam had blown his voice outright around the early 2000s after this he would shout instead of sing, frustration at times etched all over his face. The passion was always there and his strained vocals found a place in some live songs like 'Live Forever' but he just didn't have the voice to sing those higher tempo earlier O A S I S songs like the monstrous 'Some Might Say'. People are also quick to forget that Noel has always been credited as lead vocals on one or two tracks from most of their albums one being 'Don't look back in anger'

Liam was and STILL IS a TRUE Rockstar. He behaved like one. It was old school. It was drugs, alcohol, groupies and a shitty attitude towards the establishment and sometimes their own fans.

In fact one of the biggest sticking points for the band ever reforming is that Liam is of the opinion that Noel has become a toff and now hangs with the rich end of town , abandoning his Manchesterian ( may not be the correct term , someone can help me with this one? ) working class upbringing.

This is where Bono often becomes the subject of a Liam rant, as Liam believes Bono has stolen his big brother away from him introducing the rich end of town, the finer life, enjoying summers in the French Rivera sipping the sweetest wine the fertile french country side can produce.

Very 'un' Rock n Roll in Liams eyes!!!

But we all know this is not the case! The fact was one brother grew up much faster than the other. One brother gave up the drugs in 1999 much to the ire of Liam at the time. Noel knew sooner that you can not live in a haze like that forever and it was a way of life for Liam at the time and he hung on to it for as long as he could. Thankfully Liam has matured a lot more recently and even better news is he has regained some control over his voice and sounds great vocally live this past few years. As side note i much prefer Liam's solo body of work much than Noel's inc band line ups.

Speaking of Rockstars, truely great frontmen have an iconic presence about them.

Was there ever a more iconic stance at a microphone than Liams?

Hands behind his back, one knee bent out-ways to his right side, his neck straining to compress so he could sing up and under a mic stand that was at least a foot shorter than it should have been! Tambourine in hand ( ridiculously under rated instrument, equally under rated Tambourine player also )

I would say not, he was without peer!

The brains behind the band however, musically was without doubt Noel.

Noel pretty much had the first 3 albums the band released penned even before he was persuaded by Liam to join him Bonehead, Tony and Guidsy and form O A S I S.

The B Sides during this period could have been as strong an album released as any band at the time and most of those very B sides went on to become the bands final studio release called Masterplan.

Noel reminds me a lot of The Edge as a guitarist. Both have love of the iconic guitar brands! From Fenders, Gretsch Guitars, Gibson Guitars to Rickenbacker's, and Epiphone Guitars! Both are uncomplicated players who are not afraid to leave space between notes. Both see minimal as too profligate. Both love a few effects pedals. Finally both love a roaring melodic sound akin to a church-bells emanating from Marshal Amps!

All of which i love.

It's late here so i am going to wrap it here for now, however i am going to do a part two detailing my favourite tracks and concerts , the famous and the infamous. I am so happy i (almost by accident) did this deep dive.

Seriously for the past two months there has been nothing but OASIS on my playlists and i am so much richer musically for it!
  9. OASIS WAS AMAZING !!!!

I went to river plate stadium 2009 and field of polo 2006.

amazing shows!!!!!!

i from buenos aires. Argentina.