1. Manchester tickets secured.
  2. good for liam - i wouldn't go but that's just me

and definitely not a tribute act - he was part of the band and the lead singer for fucks sake without his awesome (at the time) voice oasis wouldn't have made it

so let's not have a go at someone playing old standards to a crowd who want to see that - remind you of anyone
  3. Oasis nostalgia...boring. The bros need to reunite Oasis.
  4. Reunite and move the band forward with new stuff. LG is just a reproduction of a specific period of time. He plays to that demographic only. No harm in it and it is proving successful buts it why I’m not interested. I saw him once and it’s just the same product over and over again.

A reformed Oasis wouldn’t last the first leg of the tour. Noel would be leading Oasis down the HFB path and Liam would shit on the floor and walk out within a minute.

So many HGB songs would have been classic Oasis songs.
  5. "Reunite and move the band forward with new stuff. LG is just a reproduction of a specific period of time. He plays to that demographic only. No harm in it and it is proving successful buts it why I’m not interested. I saw him once and it’s just the same product over and over again."

Surely reforming Oasis is the same thing infact probably worse in that they'd be solely playing their old standard classics with no new material, as most bands that reform don't want the hassle of trying to promote new material alongside an easy nostalgia tour with a big payout.
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:"Reunite and move the band forward with new stuff. LG is just a reproduction of a specific period of time. He plays to that demographic only. No harm in it and it is proving successful buts it why I’m not interested. I saw him once and it’s just the same product over and over again."

Surely reforming Oasis is the same thing infact probably worse in that they'd be solely playing their old standard classics with no new material, as most bands that reform don't want the hassle of trying to promote new material alongside an easy nostalgia tour with a big payout.
    See second paragraph of my post. This is the point I was making about a reunion. No substance beyond the ultimate flogging of a dead horse. The brothers apart wprks well for the oasis fan.

Want blatant dead horse flogging the. Go see Liam. Want to see what might have been? Go see Noel. I’ll take a Noel gig any day if the week. Much more interesting music and a much much better band behind him. Liams band sounds like Noel has patented a lot of his sound and rhythms and Liam doesn’t want to pay the license fee. Bonehead helps though.
  7. I would like to see an oasis reunion gig but with the 2 of them releasing stuff and playing shows we’re getting a mix of oasis stuff from the both of them and much better solo work than most of oasis stuff after what’s the story morning glory (and the masterplan b sides album). I’m not a big fan of Noel’s last album but he released they 2 songs on his best of album and showed that if he wants to he can still write a great song, the first high flying birds album is excellent. It’s basically up to how experimental he wants to be. Liam has released some great solo work as well. I like the way they’ve balanced the setlists. So as a one off yeah I’d like to see an oasis gig but for the rest of their careers seeing Liam and Noel separately is probably a better deal.
  8. Hope this link works, up until it's not. From my personal version of Paris 4 11 1994.