1. Will go to one of the Sheffield concerts - though I think they play better in studio than live (and even then - come on, they could use some imagination with their sounds...).

This said, I think Neil is a great songwriter, and that Liam is writing excellent songs too. I like the new album very much - I find more life in it than in Don't Believe etc.

This said too, I can't wait for the new U2 album...

2. I think it's Noel...not neil....and yes...they are good songwriters

3. Yes indeed - I had a Neil in mind when I was writing (the brain can play funny games sometimes)
  4. The band that made Definitely Maybe is long gone, and gone forever. What's The Story? was a bad album, and they've somehow managed to make far, far worse albums (Shoulder Of Giants, anyone?). It's truly a shame, because I thought, for a while, that we had the new U2 on our hands. A real let down of a band, for all their swagger and attitude...
  5. Originally posted by thejonner:The band that made Definitely Maybe is long gone, and gone forever. What's The Story? was a bad album, and they've somehow managed to make far, far worse albums (Shoulder Of Giants, anyone?). It's truly a shame, because I thought, for a while, that we had the new U2 on our hands. A real let down of a band, for all their swagger and attitude...

The album is all right, but certainly nothing special. Falling Down is a great song, but the rest seems just to be background music. I'll probably forget about most of the songs in a few months. Ah well, at least it's something new in the meantime before THE new album next year.
  6. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:[..]

The album is all right, but certainly nothing special. Falling Down is a great song, but the rest seems just to be background music. I'll probably forget about most of the songs in a few months. Ah well, at least it's something new in the meantime before THE new album next year.

ahahaha true. Yeah Falling Down is probably the best.
  7. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:[..]

I agree with you. The songs and album as a whole is pretty decent, but I doubt that any of the songs will stick in my ears. For now I really like it tho.
  8. the every song on album are great....but their are not hits like wonderwall and stuff and thats a problem i dare to say....
  9. I saw them in Sheffield last night. I have to say I was positively impressed. Nothing to do with a U2 show, of course: almost no communication with the public, and yes good songs, but U2 go right to your heart; Oasis is different.

This said, the band delivered a great performance - Liam sang with passion all the songs, he even thanked the public a couple of times. He looked almost shy at times - very different from the Liam of the 90's and early 00's.

The songs I liked the most live were the new ones. Of course, nothing like Champagne Supernova and Don't look back in anger, but real great music, at least for my taste. Ways better than the various Slide Away, Cigarette & Alchool, in my opinion.

Then there was the public - a real life experience. But nice guys at the end - these huge tattooed men right next to me hugged me a couple of times, just out of happiness and alchool, asked me to sing in their mobile phone, drunk like sponges, but nice guys in the end.

Hoping for a GREAT U2 come back...
  10. Oops - s*u*ng!
  11. Oasis will be playing the legendary Slane Castle on Saturday June 20th 2009.

This is the first time the band have headlined this famous outdoor venue, although they played there as special guests to REM in 1995. Located in the Boyne Valley near Dublin, Slane Castle has over the past thirty years hosted concerts by the some of the world's greatest bands, including U2, the Rolling Stones, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Young, and Bruce Springsteen.

Tickets go on sale on Friday the 24th October at 8AM through www.ticketmaster.ie and 0818 719 300 (R.O.I.) & 0870 243 4455 (N.I.)

Oasis' new album, 'Dig Out Your Soul', the first to be released in Ireland on their Big Brother Recordings label, entered the charts last week at number two and has already been certified platinum.

source : oasisnet.com
  12. Originally posted by bornau21993zg:Oasis will be playing the legendary Slane Castle on Saturday June 20th 2009.

This is the first time the band have headlined this famous outdoor venue, although they played there as special guests to REM in 1995. Located in the Boyne Valley near Dublin, Slane Castle has over the past thirty years hosted concerts by the some of the world's greatest bands, including U2, the Rolling Stones, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Young, and Bruce Springsteen.

Tickets go on sale on Friday the 24th October at 8AM through www.ticketmaster.ie and 0818 719 300 (R.O.I.) & 0870 243 4455 (N.I.)

Oasis' new album, 'Dig Out Your Soul', the first to be released in Ireland on their Big Brother Recordings label, entered the charts last week at number two and has already been certified platinum.

source : oasisnet.com

They gotta be kiding...