1. Interesting. Will it be under the Oasis name?
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Oasis recording "new" album

Noel Gallagher has confirmed that he is releasing a new album of Oasis tracks after unearthing a collection of old songs by the band. The Manchester musician is in the process of re-recording 14 tracks, but his brother Liam won’t be involved.

“I’ve listed the proper songs and there were 14,” he told the Matt Morgan podcast.
    “They just fell by the wayside of various projects from down the years. I’m going to record them. Some are quite old-school.
    “I was looking at the tracklisting and thinking: ‘Actually, fucking hell, no I’d approach that song differently’. It’s been very interesting.”
    “The gift is not coming up with the chords. The gift I’ve been given is remembering it all. If I play a song once and and it connects, it’s in there forever.”
    “Obviously, I’ll forget about little things but years later I’ll be playing something and go: ‘Hang on, that’s that fucking tune I had’.
    “That’s the gift, not the songwriting. If they’re good enough they’ll come back.”

It currently remains unclear if Noel will recruit his old bandmates for his latest effort, but NME has contacted his representatives for comment.

sounds interesting but i must admit that i prefer Liam's voice over Noel's any day of the week - I'd love to hear Liam sing The Masterplan for example

As a guitarist myself, when I revisit old songs sometimes I too go 'fucking hell nice chords' so I know what he means - though obviously on a whole different level ha ha
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:Oasis recording "new" album

Noel Gallagher has confirmed that he is releasing a new album of Oasis tracks after unearthing a collection of old songs by the band. The Manchester musician is in the process of re-recording 14 tracks, but his brother Liam won’t be involved.

“I’ve listed the proper songs and there were 14,” he told the Matt Morgan podcast.
    “They just fell by the wayside of various projects from down the years. I’m going to record them. Some are quite old-school.
    “I was looking at the tracklisting and thinking: ‘Actually, fucking hell, no I’d approach that song differently’. It’s been very interesting.”
    “The gift is not coming up with the chords. The gift I’ve been given is remembering it all. If I play a song once and and it connects, it’s in there forever.”
    “Obviously, I’ll forget about little things but years later I’ll be playing something and go: ‘Hang on, that’s that fucking tune I had’.
    “That’s the gift, not the songwriting. If they’re good enough they’ll come back.”

It currently remains unclear if Noel will recruit his old bandmates for his latest effort, but NME has contacted his representatives for comment.

Nowhere does he say he is going to release them ,the media jumping on this like it's some sort of Oasis reunion if anything they will probably end up on some deluxe Oasis boxset ,the brits are desperate for them to reform seeing as there is very few big rock bands in the UK leading the charge in the mainstream.
  4. Exactly, that's what I wonder too. It would make sense if he broke this news to generate some sort of hype around his next solo work: "look, I know my latest solo album flopped, but here's a new one INCLUDING SONGS I WROTE FOR OASIS, please leave your $20 at the counter thanks"
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Exactly, that's what I wonder too. It would make sense if he broke this news to generate some sort of hype around his next solo work: "look, I know my latest solo album flopped, but here's a new one INCLUDING SONGS I WROTE FOR OASIS, please leave your $20 at the counter thanks"
    Yep. Will probably be a HFB album with songs that were originally written for Oasis. Although I love Noels recent techno music so I hope he sticks with that.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Exactly, that's what I wonder too. It would make sense if he broke this news to generate some sort of hype around his next solo work: "look, I know my latest solo album flopped, but here's a new one INCLUDING SONGS I WROTE FOR OASIS, please leave your $20 at the counter thanks"
    His latest album was Number 1 accompanied by a massive tour so I'd hardly call that a flop.
  7. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:[..]

sounds interesting but i must admit that i prefer Liam's voice over Noel's any day of the week - I'd love to hear Liam sing The Masterplan for example

As a guitarist myself, when I revisit old songs sometimes I too go 'fucking hell nice chords' so I know what he means - though obviously on a whole different level ha ha
    I prefer Liams old voice (from 90's) too (definitely not current voice - too bad and too nasal voice these days).
    But in Masterplan is probably only Oasis song I'm definitely comfortable with Noels voice.
  8. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    I prefer Liams old voice (from 90's) too (definitely not current voice - too bad and too nasal voice these days).
    But in Masterplan is probably only Oasis song I'm definitely comfortable with Noels voice.
    The one thing that drives me a bit bananas with some of the older bootlegs (e.g., Earls Court '95 and Cardiff '96) is when Noel sings the songs Liam sings on the album. I'd much rather hear Liam do the lead vocals on songs like Wonderwall, Morning Glory, Slide Away, and (to a lesser extent, mind you) Whatever. The two bootlegs I mentioned are out there in fantastic quality but I tend to gravitate towards Maine Road and Knebworth, where the vocals are done "properly."
  9. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    The one thing that drives me a bit bananas with some of the older bootlegs (e.g., Earls Court '95 and Cardiff '96) is when Noel sings the songs Liam sings on the album. I'd much rather hear Liam do the lead vocals on songs like Wonderwall, Morning Glory, Slide Away, and (to a lesser extent, mind you) Whatever. The two bootlegs I mentioned are out there in fantastic quality but I tend to gravitate towards Maine Road and Knebworth, where the vocals are done "properly."
    Yeah I didn't liked it too with Noels vocals...
    I love Knebworth, it was my first bootleg of them. Listened to it live on radio and taped it on cassette
    Btw. you forgot to mention that infamous MTV Unplugged where Liam was only in VIP sector in audience
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Have you checked out, The point depot 96 bootleg.....its pretty awesome aswell
  11. Yes it is. Except for what I was moaning about earlier: Noel (not Liam) sings Wonderwall, Whatever, and Slide Away. Sure, Noel can hold a note better than Liam but I'll take Liam's snarling voice over Noel's on these tunes any day of the week!
  12. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Yes it is. Except for what I was moaning about earlier: Noel (not Liam) sings Wonderwall, Whatever, and Slide Away. Sure, Noel can hold a note better than Liam but I'll take Liam's snarling voice over Noel's on these tunes any day of the week!
    Totally agree, liams voice back then was something else.