1. Musically they're ok, but the singer is really inconsistent live. Sometimes it's more shouting than singing.
  2. the national are ok. Have you guys heard of a band called Keane?
  3. I love his shouting or screaming, sounds passionate and intense to my ears 🤘
  4. That's "emoting"

To each their own. I've enjoyed the shows of the National that I saw.
  5. Some of the songs are meant to be screamed. Like 'Abel' and 'Mr November'. That's how Matt wrote them. They are a phenomenal live band. I saw them a few years back at the Republik. 'England' is an epic song.
  6. I wish I could get into these guys - they just don't do it for me, at least with the songs I've heard. Anyone cares to recommend me their Streets, One, WOWY and Vertigo?
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:I wish I could get into these guys - they just don't do it for me, at least with the songs I've heard. Anyone cares to recommend me their Streets, One, WOWY and Vertigo?
    Okay this will be hard but i'll give it a go... love these guys (my fiance loves them even more). Seen them last time they were in Australia and they blew me away! They just announced they're coming back to Australia next year anyways...

U2 - The National
    Streets - Bloodbuzz Ohio
    One - England
    WOWY - Fake Empire
    Vertigo - Mr. November

Some other HIGHLY recommended track:
    Don't Swallow the Cap
    Karen
    Mistaken for Strangers
    Green Gloves
    Terrible Love
    Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks
    Graceless
    Hard to Find
    Guilty Party
    Carin At The Liquor Store

Enjoy!
  8. Originally posted by colbourne25:[..]
    Okay this will be hard but i'll give it a go... love these guys (my fiance loves them even more). Seen them last time they were in Australia and they blew me away! They just announced they're coming back to Australia next year anyways...

U2 - The National
    Streets - Bloodbuzz Ohio
    One - England
    WOWY - Fake Empire
    Vertigo - Mr. November

Some other HIGHLY recommended track:
    Don't Swallow the Cap
    Karen
    Mistaken for Strangers
    Green Gloves
    Terrible Love
    Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks
    Graceless
    Hard to Find
    Guilty Party
    Carin At The Liquor Store

Enjoy!
    Thank you very much Justin I'm very glad to keep seeing you around here after all these years.
  9. They've consistently been my favorite band, other than U2, for the past 10 years. Same original members, all seem like legit dudes. While they haven't reinvented themselves in the same way U2 has, they have progressively refined themselves with each album, hitting water mark with Boxer and High Violet. I'm in love with their new album, I Am Easy to Find (and honestly their last 2 albums as well.) Graceless should be required listening, as well as Fake Empire.

10. Loving this song
  11. I know this might be a stretch but if anyone has a Cherry Tree pre sale code that is unused please send me a PM